At Peloton Interactive
The Director, Plant Materials will lead a manufacturing team of approximately 200+ people across a 24 hour, three shift operation. The Director will play a key leadership role within the flow of material within the facility, scheduling, and delivering material handling engineering solutions. The leader will build and lead a high-performing team, with a key focus on delivering world-class safety, quality, cost effectiveness, and sustainability solutions. This leader will foster a positive culture that aligns with Peloton’s core values.
- Ownership and accountability for all purchasing, planning and inventory control activities and metrics as well as on-time delivery to our customers
- Lead, coach and manager both salary and hourly employees
- Coordinate deliveries, and shipments to optimize operations over a 3 shift operation
- Lead scheduling, materials operations, and materials engineering teams driving KPI/KAI’s reducing factory losses
- Extensive application of material methodology for maximizing flow. Material classifications, proper delivery methodology to eliminate waste. World Class Manufacturing(WCM) Logistic Customer Service (LCS) knowledge a plus
- Communicates with warehouse employees to meet business goals and address personnel issues
- Extensive application of delivery pitches, set-up of milk runs, and understanding transit cost and opportunities
- Proposes strategies to reduce costs and improve procedures of supply chain logistics
- Monitors demand and analyzes data to anticipate future supply and logistical needs
- Prepare instructions regarding purchasing, planning and inventory control systems and procedures as well as continuous improvement plans
- Evaluate vendor quotations to ensure optimum quality, price, delivery, and service
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy
- Collaborate with other plants and commodity team leaders for initiatives and other priorities
- Develop and maintain high level contact with key suppliers and service personnel
- Assist in supply chain cost reduction initiatives as needed
- Experience working in the materials organization (working with materials sourcing, planning, purchasing, and inventory control, receiving, warehouse, and shipping functions)
- Lean/Six Sigma experience
- WCM LCS knowledge
- Experience working within an approved budget; develop and implement cost saving measures
- Experience working with ERP systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business, or Engineering
- Experience working in a manufacturing/industrial environment
- At least 10 years of experience in Supply Chain or factory operations
- At least 5 year’s experience in Technology-Driven Implementation
- At least 5 years of management experience leading and driving change in a corporate matrixed organization
- Lead and solve complex organizational initiatives
- Significant influencing and collaboration skills
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.