Peloton is searching for a Senior Manager, Support Engineering to lead and drive the building of a greenfield facility in Northwest Ohio. This leader will ensure the manufacturing and fabrication tools and equipment are brought on line and operate within World Class Manufacturing deliverables. Peloton is looking for a leader with demonstrated experience in presentation layer design & development and a successful track record of delivering high quality, premium solutions. Leading an engineering team delivering safety, quality, and cost effective solutions. This leader will create a positive culture that aligns with Peloton’s core values.
- Drive safety, quality, delivery, productivity and engagement of overall plant operations through effective leadership
- Coach team members and engineers through the development and execution of the following World Class Manufacturing(WCM) or Lean manufacturing methodology
- Knowledge of WCM methodology within the following pillars: EEM (Early Equipment Management) Pillar, EPM (Early Product Management), Workplace Organization (WO), FI (Focused Improvement) and Preventative Maintenance (PM). Or equivalent Lean methodology
- Support operational Goals & deliverables. Key Performance Activities(KPI) & Key Activity Initiatives(KAI)
- Develop specific short-term and long-term plans and programs to improve productivity and capacity and prepare the necessary budgets and justifications for these projects
- Support Operations and Procurement to drive Lean and continuous improvement both internally and externally through Supply Chain
- Develop and lead the execution of the Engineering (Process, Industrial, and Controls), IT, Maintenance, and Facilities strategic initiatives in your area of responsibility
- Help develop and implement the vision for the factory of the future. Oversee projects and investments in Facility Management and ensure legal compliance
- Champion diversity and inclusion behaviors by proactively seeking and valuing all types of diversity and work to bring out the contributions of everyone
- Build organizational capability through proactive coaching of your direct reports on skill-building and career development
- Proactively collaborate with peers in other manufacturing locations, global business teams, brand, channel/corporate technology, and finance organizations and leverage enterprise-wide expertise. Ability to provide feedback and coaching to all levels of the organization
- Drive continuous improvement in the organizational, technical and business information processes/systems through lean/innovative thinking/ideas
- Partner with product development teams to ensure the right technology and processes to support new products and to drive seamless product launches
- At least 5 years relevant work experience with demonstrated ability delivering quality results on time
- At least 5 years previous experience leading or managing teams
- World Class Manufacturing (WCM) experience
- Knowledge in high volume fabrication, finishing systems, and assembly processes a must
- Outstanding people skills, with the ability to lead teams without a direct reporting relationship
- A self-starter with excellent project management skills and the ability to support a 24-hour operation
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Good understanding of work balance between people and production processes
- Strong communication skills to all levels of the plant
- Strong knowledge of building codes and safety requirements
- Knowledge of engineering principles for building design, machine design and installation, hydraulic/pneumatic design and installation
- Excellent prioritization and project development skills
- Familiar with local, state, and federal industrial codes
- Demonstrated understanding of designing & developing data visualization solutions
- Experience leading demonstrations, training, interviews, and surveys to improve engagement
- Systematic multitasking problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, accountability, and drive
- Ability to learn new technologies, adapt quickly and lead a team of highly capable engineers
- Ability to identify and resolve both people and process related issues
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies rapidly and provide proof of concepts
- Passion for delivering the best quality product regardless of project scope
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.