Peloton is searching for a Senior Director, Plant Operations to lead and drive the creation and rollout of a greenfield facility in Northwest Ohio. The Senior Director, Plant Operations will lead a manufacturing team of approximately 1000+ people across a 24 hour, three shift operation. This person will play a key leadership role within the overall facility operations, including hiring and leading a high-performing team with a focus on delivering world-class safety, quality, cost effectiveness, and sustainability results. This role will be a key support to the Vice President, Plant Operations. This leader will foster a positive culture that aligns with Peloton’s core values.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations
- Lead & empower high performing team
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
- Commit to plant safety leadership, processes, & procedures
- Stay up-to-date with latest production management best practices and concepts, WCM methodology knowledge and application a plus.
- Build collaborative relationships/partnerships with the broader manufacturing organization; including Human Resources, Legal, Demand Planning, Supply Chain & Logistics.
- Partner with product development teams to ensure the right technologies and processes to support new products and drive seamless product launches.
- Develop a culture committed to Lean practices and World Class Manufacturing methodology preferred
- Develop specific short and long-term plans and programs to improve quality and optimal performance
- Design, review and approve budgets throughout manufacturing operations
- Prepare necessary budgets and justifications for short and long-term projects
- Recruit, train, and inspire the best personnel ensuring balance staffing strength with profitability and growth, in alignment with the existing corporate culture.
- Build strong employee relations with open communication, consistent application of policies and procedures, and empowerment of all personnel.
- Actively participate in community boards, events, programs, etc representing the organization values
- Champions Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidence; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Humility: Not afraid to ask for help and seek guidance when needed. Receives criticism with grace and is willing to change direction when presented with a better solution. Practices servant leadership.
- Collaboration: Capable of developing strong relationships with leaders and employees at all levels and areas of responsibility within the company, and is able to work effectively across functional boundaries in a matrix environment.
- Builds Effective Teams: Blends people into teams and inspires them to perform; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Intellectual Prowess: Ability to grasp complex issues and understand the essence of the challenges at hand. Assimilates new information quickly and does not get overwhelmed when needing to move quickly from one topic to another.
- Change Agility: Ability to create effective plans that promote change in real-time changing circumstances; strongly advocates an independent point of view, but can be counted on to execute management decisions and strategies before being told; and seizes opportunities.
- Customer Focus: Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gathers first-hand customer information and applies it towards improvements in products and services; leads with a customer centric focus; establishing and maintaining effective relationships with customers through trust and respect.
- Drive for Results: Action and goal oriented; focusing on producing safe and successful outcomes while promoting and inspiring a winning culture of top performing teams.
- Decision Quality: Ability to make sound, calculated and timely decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment without having all the necessary data upfront
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Effectively cope with change, shifting gears comfortably to assess/mitigate risk and act without having the total picture. Maintaining a calm demeanor to ensure the trust of the team as well as operational performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution; advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- 8+ years of leadership within a progressive manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrate ability to recruit, develop, lead and manage management-level teams.
- Formalized process orientation. Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement expertise; using a practical/pragmatic approach to problem-solving. WCM methodology preferred.
- Demonstrate a keen understanding of strong metrics orientation; provide examples of influencing operations using formal problem solving methods, operational analysis, metrics and an analytical approach to problem-solving; ability to quantify work/outcomes.
- Demonstrate resilience and social IQ to develop, evangelize and create buy in for change initiatives in a complex environment.
- Demonstrate ability to thrive in ambiguous situations; ability to make calculated decisions when few facts are available; sees ambiguity as opportunity versus liability.
- Experience building and delivering against business plans that must address a variety of concurrent goals; able to “think on feet” and quickly adapt plans to business needs.
- Display strong executive poise and presence; proven skills to work fluidly with impact across all levels and functions from the plant floor to executive leadership.
- Proven skill to execute within a holistic framework connecting to corporate goals, mission and strategy.
- Strong applied project management skills; able to self-prioritize and manage concurrent competing priorities.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.