Peloton is searching for a Principal Lean Manufacturing and WCM (World Class Manufacturing) Site Leader to develop & lead the building of a greenfield facility in Northwest Ohio. In this role, you will be responsible for leading culture in pursuit of a world class manufacturing environment, supporting over 2,000 employees, and advancing the plant in WCM methodologies (or equivalent Lean Manufacturing techniques) through systematic activity teams, and management principles. This person will improve operational efficiency of the manufacturing area through elimination of all forms of loss and waste. In this role, you will be reporting to the plant leader responsible for helping to ensure safety improvements, cost reductions, quality improvements, and delivery targets are met for the plant. You will be accountable to customers/shareholders for safety, quality, cost and schedule attainment. This leader will create a positive culture that aligns with Peloton’s core values.
- Leadership and oversight of the World Class Manufacturing (WCM/Lean) department and team.
- Direct plant staff on top facility losses and the tools required to eliminate the losses
- Active resource planning and project structure to support complex problem solving
- Detail Cost Deployment and process adherence
- Lead Focused Improvement activities in plant, as the World Class Manufacturing (WCM) leader, with primary actions to drive improvements through lean manufacturing techniques. This is accomplished by using cost deployment to identify areas with the most opportunity, then leading teams through projects to resolve and reduce the losses, and leading development of the management team in WCM advancement. Participates on the Plant Senior Staff.
- Provide coaching and training to salaried and hourly personnel in WCM methodologies and tools, while developing a strong technical team to drive continuous improvement
- Must align with the Cost Deployment, Autonomous Activities, Logistics, Quality, Safety and People Development pillars to achieve WCM goals
- Provide strong leadership to teams not directly within scope of controls ● Support technical teams development of organization. Providing development of tools and adherence to application. SEWO, QEWO, MEWO, etc
- Extensive knowledge in SixSigma tools. Establishing Peloton’s Black Belt program
- Providing direction to site leads attacking environmental opportunities. Evaluating & prioritizing all environmental aspects and impacts
- Supporting the organization's safety behaviors program.
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- Preferred Concentration in Business Administration, Engineering, Logistics, or Industrial Technology
- At least 10 years of experience in Manufacturing Operations, Lean Manufacturing, and/or Continuous Improvement
- Position requires extensive cross-functional or engineering experience
- Experience implementing or co-implementing Lean Manufacturing systems
- Experience in an equipment assembly environment
- Able to provide strong leadership to teams not directly within scope of control
- Extensive amount of independent thinking is required
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Demonstrated strong track record of strong leadership and communication skills
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.