Peloton is searching for a Senior EHS Manager, Manufacturing to lead and drive the creation and rollout of a greenfield facility in Northwest Ohio. The Senior EHS Manager will lead a plant team of 1500+ people across a 24 hour, three shift operation. This leader will ensure Peloton is in compliance with all industry and government regulations and standards. In addition, this leader will be responsible for developing a culture of safety within the facility they lead as well as support the development and coordination of training and regulatory programs. This person will play a key leadership role within the overall safety of plant employees, environmental and sustainability programs. This person will hire and lead a high-performing team with a focus on delivering world-class safety, quality, cost effectiveness, and sustainability results. This role will be a key support to the Vice President, Plant Operations while reporting through our Corporate EHS team. This leader will foster a positive culture that aligns with Peloton’s core values.
This position will be based in temporary office space in Perrysburg, OH before eventually moving to our plant which will be located in the Luckey/Troy Township area.
- Direct and manage environmental, health, safety, and sustainability activities to comply with all applicable local, state and federal regulations and Peloton EHS policies, to prevent injuries to employees and negative impact to the environment.
- Partner with Site Leadership to ensure proper EHS protocols, plans and initiatives are in place and consistently followed.
- Ensure all applicable laws and regulations are tracked and that necessary action is taken to ensure compliance.
- Implement and execute the Peloton Ride to Safety program.
- Successfully lead, manage, and execute EHS initiatives including policies, procedures, programs, and agency regulations and compliance systems with the overall drive of continuous improvement.
- Develop and implement systems and processes to eliminate risk and exposures.
- Implement a facility program prioritizing risk management (reactive, preventive, predictive).
- Development and execution of tactical and strategic plans to improve EHS performance.
- Lead the site emergency response team, EHS committee.
- Conducts/coordinates safety training.
- Implements the Peloton industrial hygiene program.
- Supports response to customer EHS inquiries.
- Approves the use of new chemicals.
- Schedules and coordinates First Aid/CPR/AED training.
- Evaluates EHS risks and proposes eliminating/mitigating risk controls, including JSA process, audits, and inspections.
- Develop and implement the required EHS programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Safety, or Related Fields.
- Minimum five years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of World Class Manufacturing (WCM) or equivalent methodology
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Experience with the development and implementation of general programs in Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Compliance, and Industrial Hygiene.
- Ability to multi-task and the ability to manage shifting priorities and projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong planning, organizational, group facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong experience with federal, state, and local requirements in safety and environmental regulations.
- Strong analytical skills necessary to evaluate needs, programs, EHS strategic plans and performance metrics to ensure continuous improvement.
- Ability to interface with all levels of employees and organizational functions.
- CSP, CSHO, or equivalent Safety Certification
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.