About the Team
The User Platform team enables Peloton’s business growth by managing all of Peloton’s customer identities and providing them with delightful, frictionless and secure access to our various applications and services.
The team operates and manages one of the highest scale services at Peloton (> 100K QPS), and provides end-to-end user lifecycle management for all Identity aspects: from signups, logins to authentication preferences, enrollments and Role-Based Access Control information.
The team is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with experience building high scale services and platforms. This is a fast-paced and quickly growing team working on several greenfield projects. You will get the opportunity to develop mission-critical internal as well as direct customer-facing services, have influence over technical direction on common libraries, tools, frameworks, CICD setup, and mentor and grow junior engineers.
What you’ll do
- Build core microservices that scale to serve thousands of transactions per second
- Measure and tune services to ensure adherence to performance SLOs.
- Write Infrastructure as Code to maintain our AWS Infrastructure
- Evaluate new technologies to bring into our stack
- Own features/functionality and deliver projects end-to-end with high quality and robust architecture.
- Lead and mentor engineers and peers.
What to bring
- Demonstrable experience building high-scale microservices
- Significant experience with multithreaded / concurrent programming
- Can speak to projects where you have built product/services end-to-end, from technical design, implementation, testing, delivery, to production support
- Experience with Java, Kotlin, Docker and container orchestration systems
- Strong working knowledge of CI/CD tools
- Significant experience with databases (SQL and no-SQL)
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent experience
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.