Peloton is seeking a humble, thorough, curious, and empathetic Associate Product Analyst to support the innovation, iteration, and optimization of our engagement products. This role will support growth initiatives across our suite of products, with a particular focus on Peloton Digital. The Associate Product Analyst will work closely with Product Managers to support new feature ideation, development, and testing, with the goal of driving product growth and engagement. By providing consistent feature monitoring and insights, the APA will be a key component of a truly iterative team, contributing directly to product decisions.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Develop your measurement intuition and abilities. Partner with Product Analysts and Product Managers on monitoring ongoing product engagement, software features’ launch metrics, and developing and measuring product tests.
- Hone your data storytelling and visualization prowess. Design sustainable, comprehensive, and action-oriented interactive dashboards (e.g. Amplitude, Looker) that empower Product Owners and broader stakeholders to le verage user behavior and product health trends in their decision-making toolkit.
- Grow into a go-to partner for designing and measuring A/B tests. In the Growth space, collaborate with Product Managers and Software Engineers to suggest new A/B tests, design and inform test implementation, measure test outcomes, and provide product recommendations based on test results.
- Apply your detail-oriented lens to proactively ensure we understand the nuts and bolts of how our products work (and don’t work). Conduct user acceptance testing for new software features’ tracking instrumentation and contribute to the maintenance of a clean and up-to-date tracking schema documentation.
- Demonstrate interest in analytics and have work, personal, or academic experience in the data field: have up to 2 years of full-time or internship experience with a focus on product analytics, data analytics, marketing or growth analytics, business intelligence, or adjacent areas (or an academic / research focus in a similar field).
Are humble and honest: you are dedicated to providing your stakeholders with insights into what the data actually says, not just what they want to hear. You are not afraid to caveat your insights/recommendations or to sometimes say ‘I don’t know’
- Dig deep into numbers with laser-focused attention to detail: are thorough in your work and research.
- Are curious: love breaking down and tackling complex problems and continuously learning.
- Are collaborative and empathetic: have the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and seek out opportunities to develop an inclusive and connected working environment.
- Find joy in digging into spreadsheets: are skilled in Excel / Google Sheets and have a high level of comfort in using these tools for data analysis and data storytelling via charts, pivot tables, conditional formatting, lookup (vlookup, hlookup, index + match), and reference formulas.
- Love (or are growing to love) relational databases and coding: have basic SQL skills for data extraction (filtering, sorting and grouping, aggregation, simple joins).
- Want to continue developing your ability to leverage statistics theory and concepts in understanding people, products, and decisions: are hands-on with the main statistical concepts used in exploratory data analysis. (E.g. mean, median, percentile, distribution, and variance.)
- Admire designing data visualizations that are as aesthetically pleasing as they are insightful: have some experience in applying data visualization and dashboarding in communicating a compelling data story.
- Want to become experienced (or have experience) in knowing how software products come to life: are interested in learning more about product management and software product design and growing within the product analytics space.
AS A BONUS:
- Previous exposure to software product management and/or UX/UI design (via reading, coursework, internships).
- Experience working with SaaS analytics and business intelligence tools like Amplitude, Tableau, Looker, Chartio, PowerBI or similar.
- Advanced SQL skills (complex joins, CTE, window functions etc.) and/or basic Python skills (e.g. numpy/pandas for data preparation and EDA).
- High-level understanding of A/B-testing principles and methods.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.