At Peloton, we treat Data as Product - a valuable asset and a critical piece of our decision making process. The mission of the Data Management team under the Data Platform department is to play a leadership role in enabling teams to catalog, trace, discover and consume trusted golden datasets in a secure manner. Our core guiding principles are 1) enable data as a product 2) ensure data reliability and 3) optimize for data productivity.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead our Data Management team under the Data Platform department and provide product leadership around federated data governance, discovery, lineage and privacy. As a product manager on the Data Platform team, you will help shape the direction of the data management initiatives across all of Peloton. Reporting to the VP of Platform and Data, you will drive our data management program to identify, catalog and build automated systems to enable data discovery, data lineage and audit-ability to ensure that datasets created by decentralized teams are compliant with our data governance standards.
- Adopt and evangelize data mesh principles and event-driven architecture across decentralized product teams and promote the principle of data as a product.
- Partner with product and engineering leaders to identify domain datasets and the value provided by these datasets
- Focus on metadata management, data lake standards and access controls around it, ensuring that quality and well-trusted golden datasets are discoverable and accessible in a secure manner.
- Own and prioritize the roadmap for the Data Management team which includes workstreams like Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery, Cost Optimization, Data Cataloging & Metadata Management, Data Discovery, Data Lineage, Data Privacy & Compliance, Data Security & Access Control
- Own the roadmap for the data catalog, discovery and lineage portions of our internal data portal on top of Backstage, DataHub and Apache Atlas.
- Represent the Data Management team where knowledge of our data management stack is needed - Working Groups, cross-functional work streams and Special Interest Groups
- Ensure that the Data Management team is building the right tools for our internal customers to generate value out of our golden datasets.
Who you are
- Have 5-10 years of product management experience at a tech-driven company.
- Are passionate and have well-thought out opinions based on experience about data privacy, data lakes, data catalogs, metadata management and data security.
- You understand what it means to treat data as a product and a first class concern.
- An analytical problem solver who is deeply empathetic and leads with a user-centered approach, backed by data-driven rigor and an attention to detail
- Have a history of listening to users, understanding their needs and crafting improvements to meet those needs.
- Are an excellent communicator and storyteller; you engage with your audience on a personal level and can choose the right formats and models to engage with different types of stakeholder.
- Learn new technologies quickly and can comfortably and effectively discuss the tradeoffs and benefits of various approaches with your engineering peers.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.