Peloton hardware systems engineers architect, specify, integrate, and test hardware systems for Peloton products. This role collaborates closely with our Hardware Engineering, Industrial Design, Product Management, Software Engineering, and Operations teams to specify, architect, and test the future of fitness. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has grounded experience in product development and working with contract manufacturers.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Lead hardware systems engineering efforts for drivetrain and motor subsystems and components, including architecture, requirements development, and supplier specifications.
- Provide subject matter expertise for drivetrain subsystems and motors (AC, DC, BLDC, etc.) across Peloton hardware product lines through the development lifecycle.
- Create engineering specifications and manage requirements for critical components, subsystems, and interfaces.
- Support development and execution of testing throughout the development lifecycle, from the component level to the full system.
- Solve performance, integration, and reliability problems on complex engineering systems during development and for continuing product support
- Present and communicate your work to technical and business leadership
- Work closely with a global network of suppliers throughout Development phases to ensure quality and performance
- Demonstrate proactive collaboration with adjacent development teams to ensure design success, including industrial design, product management, and operations
- Work with GSM and quality teams to ensure appropriate product definition and design controls
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 8+ years drivetrain and motor development and/or systems engineering experience
- B.S.+ in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience developing drivetrain subsystems and components, including motors (AC, DC, BLDC, etc.), belts, geartrains, controllers, etc.
- Experience with systems engineering, requirements management, and integration
- Experience doing development and work with Contract Manufacturers and suppliers
- Experience with SolidWorks 3D CAD and SW PDM
- Expertise with test and measurement tools
- Excellent communication skills, including interacting with executive management
- Spoken and written English
- Ability to multitask and good time management skills
- Positive attitude and high energy!
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.