Peloton, the leading interactive fitness platform that pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, is looking for a passionate communicator with experience working on consumer technology products or brands. The Manager, Product Communications, will focus on promoting Peloton’s technology- and innovation-driven initiatives across our connected fitness product suite. This role would be responsible for crafting PR plans, securing and managing speaking engagements for leadership and other key spokespeople across the company’s Software, Hardware and Digital teams, writing (press releases, product messaging and talking points), product and feature launches, reactive communications and developing compelling media stories that amplify the cutting-edge technology work happening across the company.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications, this role will work closely with our teams across product, design, internal communications, marketing and recruiting to highlight the innovation and diversity of Peloton’s various technology initiatives.
The ideal candidate is accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment, passionate about technology, and has an understanding of consumer electronics products and digital media. Experience building proactive communications and storytelling programs, media relations, crisis communications, communications strategy, and content development skills are required.
This person is expected to maintain relationships with key media, bloggers, and influencers, be familiar with relevant consumer tech conferences and events, and should be highly organized, energetic, collaborative and detail-oriented. The ideal candidate will be able to be a trusted partner and work cross-functionally to drive teams towards a launch or a common goal.
- Plan and execute product PR plans and strategy
- Proactively identify technology trends and devise compelling stories that show Peloton’s leadership in consumer technology
- Identify and coordinate speaking opportunities to increase visibility for the product organization
- Work closely with product teams to develop relevant content, and develop key company spokespeople to leverage them for press and speaking engagements
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant technology media and influencers to educate them about Peloton’s products
- Write and edit press materials including press releases, blog posts, announcements, bylines, pitches
- Work with vendors and partners to tell joint stories at events and in the press when appropriate
- Solid media and influencer relationships in the technology sector, and the media placements to prove it.
- Outstanding interpersonal, project management and prioritization skills. Unfazed by constant change.
- A collaborative, open attitude and a history of working in and leading cross-functional teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (writing samples required) with a knack for simplifying complex topics and technologies.
- 6+ years of tech PR experience, either agency or in-house
- Bachelor's degree
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.