The Product Manufacturing Engineer will provide day-to-day, hands-on, manufacturing, problem solving, and continuous improvement support at the CM/ODM facility. [PME] will also research, design, develop and recommend manufacturing processes in conjunction with CMs, ODMs & internally. Manufacturing Processes will include, but not limited to, assembly, testing, CNC machining, welding, stamping, plastic injection molding, finishing/coating, and machine controls (CNC, PLC, HMI). The Manufacturing Engineer will gather technical/customer requirements, participate in DFM/A efforts, create/manage project timelines, and oversee NPI (New Product Introductions) and sustaining product changes.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to ensure robust DFM/DFA, providing expertise in manufacturability
- Communicates with ODMs, CMs, and vendors to prioritize and solve problems and understand/refine technical requirements for products and processes
- Performs detailed material, labor, and outside processing cost calculations
- Perform routine sub-supplier audits, capability studies, and process validation
- Creates, manages and audits manufacturing instructions and SOP’s, operator training, and tooling calibration, etc.
- Execute manufacturing studies: cycle time, manpower, etc.
- Manages the manufacturing change order process (ECR/ECO, MCR/MCR)
- Creates plans, schedules, and timelines to manage NPI launch and transition to production
- Develop machine/equipment specifications; lead equipment build and validation
- Designs assembly fixtures, tooling, gages, etc.
- Document various tooling and process parameters as deemed necessary
- Perform statistical process analysis (SPC, CP/CPk, Minitab, etc.)
- Researches and recommends new applications for existing materials, products, and processes
- Analyzes factory capacity and capability, recommends equipment purchases
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency
- Partners with Peloton Supply Chain to identify, analyze, and qualify new suppliers
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
Education and Experience
- BS in an Engineering discipline desired (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial); MS a plus
- 7+ years experience in a hands-on, fast paced, engineering & manufacturing environment (NPI to high-volume MFG)
- Hands-on assembly, testing, welding, stamping, plastic injection molding and finishing, machine controls
- Fluent oral and written skills in English and Mandarin and ability to document and present information in comprehensive and clear ways.
- Interpret engineering drawings, tolerances analysis, GD&T, SPC, CP/CPk, Gage R&R, etc.
- Value-Stream Mapping, Process Mapping, Kaizen, Lean, 5S, Statistical Process Control
- Problem solving and corrective action skills: DOE, 8D, RedX, DMAIC, Kaizen events, etc.
- Knowledge and application of Global/International standards; ASTM, ISO, DIN, JIS, ANSI, etc.
- Expert-level CAD/CAM user (SolidWorks preferred)
- Microsoft Office applications, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Managing large manufacturing capital projects ($5M+); Strong project management skill set: LSSGB/BB, SCRUM, PMP certification a plus
This position is primarily located in Suzhou, China Region, also requires travel domestic/internationally. Candidate must be willing to travel 30% or more as needed by the business.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.