The Product Compliance Engineer will be working on the Product Compliance team and reporting to the Manager of Product Compliance Engineering. The Production Compliance Engineer will support the product development, design and operation teams in ensuring our products are compliant, legal and safe for all desired markets.This includes maintaining the technical certification documentation packages for each product and making certain that best practices are implemented throughout the company where necessary.
The individual best suited for this role is proactive, highly motivated, super organized, analytical, can clearly communicate and explain technical requirements in an easy-to-digest fashion, has strong interpersonal skills and enjoys working in a fast-paced collaborative environment. This role is Taipei/Taichung(preferred) based and can require up to 20% travel.
- Perform research and provide insight on design constraints for all core products and accessories - including performance, materials, packaging, and mechanical/electrical safety requirements
- Maintain technical product documents - perform routine audits, update or modify as required
- Perform necessary risk analysis at various stages of design to provide feedback to design teams and suppliers. Assist with debugging and implementing compliant solutions.
- Develop formal certification test plans for target markets.
- Develop pre-test certification plans to ensure issues are caught and addressed as early as possible in the product development phases.
- Act as a technical project manager and establish relationships with outside compliance agencies (TUV, UL, Intertek, SGS, etc) to quote services and complete necessary testing and documentation
- Audit certification test facilities for future use
- Act as technical resource (remote and on-site) for current products actively undergoing compliance certification
- Work with suppliers to implement compliance maintenance procedures and ensure proper compliance documentation is maintained and accessible by Peloton
Day to Day:
- Review or test products during design phase to flag compliance concerns or violations
- Consult with legal, operations, or product engineering to answer compliance related questions
- Perform research to understand newest compliance regulations and communicate impact to appropriate internal teams
- Create standardized processes to augment current development process to ensure proper compliance consideration
- Participate in change control process
- Review test reports from certification labs and suppliers
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must have Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering degree
- Must have previous global product certification experience
- Experience working in fitness, consumer electronics, or other related fields
- Established relationships with Intertek, UL, TUV, Intertek and other compliance agencies
- Familiar with ASTM, EN, ISO Mechanical Safety standards
- Familiar with REACH, RoHS, Prop65 testing
- Familiar with UL, CSA, EN Electrical Safety Standards
- Familiar with FCC, IC and EN EMC Testing
- Previous experience working with Asian-based suppliers
- Previous experience in product design, a plus
- Previous experience with Wifi certification, a plus
- Previous experience working at a certification agency, a plus
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.