The Field Quality Technician assists the Field Quality Engineering team by investigating and communicating issues and corrective actions to the broader Peloton teams. The right candidate for this role possesses the technical ability, problem solving and communication skills to troubleshoot, diagnose, and document failure analyses in accordance with the Field Failure Analysis process. They will also be responsible for updating and maintaining technical work instructions to support training with our customer support and field operations teams. As an individual the ideal candidate is independent, highly motivated, organized, flexible and enjoys working in a collaborative team environment to improve product quality.
This job is based in the US and requires some domestic and possible international travel. This role reports to the Field Quality Engineering Manager.
- Investigate and document issues reported at our warehouses, customer locations or Quality Lab to provide specific details to Field Quality Engineers to aid in root cause analyses and implementation of corrective actions.
- Work with internal teams as a product expert to improve troubleshooting, increase customer satisfaction, and refine issue reporting to improve issue resolution time.
- Facilitate the training of field operation teams by authoring technical work instructions in coordination with Field Quality Engineers.
- Participate in the creation of rework procedures. Help coordinate resources and equipment and execute rework.
- Advise/recommend rework procedure, method, required resources
- Develop and gain approval of rework plans
- Coordinate execution of rework plans
- Coordinate actions/repairs in warehouse locations and at supplier
- Communicate result of implementation
- Verify results of implementation
- Support reverse logistics partners as product liaison. Participate in cross functional sustaining design efforts.
- AS in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, electrical engineering, or other technical discipline.
- 2-3 years of experience.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proven track record for understanding and execution of technical projects
- Lean/Six Sigma training, Green Belt a plus
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.