TECHNOLOGY GOVERNANCE, RISK & COMPLIANCE (GRC) - HIPAA COMPLIANCE, SENIOR ANALYST
The Peloton Enterprise Technology Team is expanding and transforming its risk management, compliance and security capabilities and resources. We are investing in these areas to address an ever increasing cybersecurity threat landscape, as well as expanding regulatory compliance requirements as the company continues to grow.
The Technology Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) HIPAA Compliance Senior Analyst role will be a critical position within the team and for the organization globally. Working closely with the Enterprise Technology, Software Engineering and Legal teams, as well as stakeholders across the organization, this position’s main responsibility will be to tactically support the design, build out and operation of a HIPAA compliant platform in an effort to raise the overall security and compliance posture of Peloton. This individual will need to partner with teams to implement the HIPAA Privacy, Security and Breach Notification Rules at an appropriate level of depth for the environment. The role will be hands-on with mainly tactical design and implementation responsibilities. The person will need to support HIPAA specific risk management practices at the highest level and implement the approach to appropriately treat the risks. The person will need to understand HIPAA data privacy and security requirements in detail in order to appropriately translate and apply them to a highly agile and modern technology environment.
In addition to the main focus on HIPAA, it is advantageous if this person has experience working across multiple frameworks and regulatory standards including, but not limited to, NIST CSF, PCI DSS, GDPR/CCPA and SOX. This individual will need to work closely with teams across the organization to understand the control environment in place currently, how to leverage it and when new customized solutions and processes need to be implemented.
- The role will be responsible for cross functional collaboration with Software Engineering, Legal, Internal Audit and Security teams in designing and operating both the technical and programmatic dependencies of a HIPAA compliant environment.
- Provide technical perspective and support on the architecture, infrastructure, and technology operations in place to manage health data risk.
- Under direction of GRC management, the role is responsible for building and supporting the HIPAA compliance program and managing the associated projects efficiently.
- Responsibility for informing leadership of issues resulting from risk analysis and determining potential solutions that are appropriate for Peloton’s business and system architecture.
- Interacts with business and engineering stakeholders to understand risks to data by defining potential business impact with the responsibility to apply effective mitigation strategies.
- Maintains updated healthcare industry and regulatory knowledge in the fields of privacy, security, risk management and compliance related to HIPAA.
- Understanding of core risk management principles, how to calculate risk levels, determine risk tolerances and develop appropriate risk treatment plans.
- Understanding of security functions including: Incident Management, Secure Change Management, Identity and Access Management, and Vendor Security Risk Management.
- Stay current with healthcare industry, regulatory, and legal requirements relevant to security, compliance, and privacy.
- 5+ years of experience working in or with the healthcare industry or healthcare related products that require compliance with HIPAA
- Strong technical knowledge of all aspects of the HIPAA regulation
- Experience operating or advising programs that effectively rightsize risk management controls across the relevant contexts of a distributed architecture
- Experience supporting an organization to become compliant with HIPAA and maintain ongoing operational compliance
- Experience supporting an organization through HITRUST readiness and obtaining the certification
- Experience supporting an organization through a SOC 2 + HIPAA audit
- Experience as a HITRUST external assessor is a plus
- Strong degree of comfort working alongside an agile software engineering team to provide governance over the design and architecture of systems to ensure ePHI is appropriately safeguarded
- Experience tailoring communication and collaboration in an organization that utilizes both co-located and distributed teams
- Experience working with external legal partners and auditors
- Familiar with GRC tools to track, operate and monitor a HIPAA program
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence preferred
- Experience working in a technology organization preferred
- Experience in one or more of the following: SOX, GDPR/CCPA, NIST CSF, PCI DSS is preferred
- One or more of the following certifications is preferred: CISA, CISSP, HITRUST CCSFP, CIPP, CIPM, CIPT
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.