Staff Engineer, Quality, Marketing IT
The Staff Engineer, Quality, Marketing IT will be responsible for supporting Peloton’s Marketing IT systems by providing input to the campaign development & data operations teams on all of their technical deliverables. Responsible and accountable for testing strategies that includes design, execution, and documentation of test cases, defects tracking, and test coverage analysis. Identifies, recommends, and implements changes to enhance the overall effectiveness of system and overall solution testing strategies. Work closely with the functional leads and/or manager and sometimes directly with business owners to promote the effective operation of the department and to resolve issues and to suggest new processes and systems in the support thereof. Partners with IT Verticals and Business teams regularly to achieve system verification and validation objectives. Provides technical guidance to IT Verticals and Business teams regarding quality processes, tools and methodologies in order to establish an effective and efficient quality culture.
- Draw on in-depth experience with system verification and validation testing to write and maintain detailed test cases/scripts that are aligned with user and business needs; provides helpful feedback to other quality staff to ensure excellence in testing.
- Review business requirements, functional specifications, and user information to understand end user requirements and business process context.
- Review with appropriate SMEs to validate understanding.
- Network with other teams to ensure thorough input on system/solution needs.
- Plan and Estimates project work effort (functional and non-functional).
- Provides Management with estimate options, benefits, and risks.
- Effectively communicate estimates, assumptions, benefits and risks to all levels of management.
- Design/maintain test plans including cycles, cases/conditions, expected results and requirement mapping.
- Participate on team projects and assignments, facilitating or leading sub-teams as necessary.
- Provide guidance and decisions on marketing campaign development and data operations activities to ensure continued compliance with internal procedures, and applicable regulatory and international standards.
- Assist in preparation and/or review documentation required for production deployments.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT-related field or equivalent years of experience
- 7+ years of Quality Assurance experience
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Marketing Technology systems including Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Marketo, Responsys, Bitly, etc.
- Must be able to work in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work independently and apply good judgment.
- Must be able to work within a team both as a leader and as a team member.
- Must have excellent documentation skills.
- Must be able to convey knowledge to customers, peers, and managers of widely diverse skill levels.
- Advanced ability to analyze, evaluate and solve problems, based on an in-depth knowledge of business trends as well as organizational objectives.
- Excellent customer service skills and customer focus, strong relationships with business stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion and drive for technology as a service and business enabler.
- Enforce KPIs used for measuring results and performing look-backs on completed projects.
- Ability to identify overlapping projects and make appropriate recommendations on course of action to properly influence others.
- Ability to manage delivery and build effective direct reports and teams.
- Ability to follow through on open issues and projects and bring them to a conclusion.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.