You will evaluate camera integrators, select camera modules, and integrate the camera subsystem into functioning proof of concepts. This role collaborates closely with other Subject Matter Experts (SME’s), ID, PD, Software and Electrical Engineering teams to concept, design, and manufacture the future of fitness. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has grounded experience in product development and working with contract manufacturers.
- Evaluate, select camera sensors, and integrate camera sensors into camera modules. Integrate camera modules into the highest performance proof of concepts.
- Work closely with internal and external prototyping resources to assemble the highest quality functional prototypes. Arrange demonstrations to Senior Management.
- Benchmark products to track industry trends and set future performance targets
- Develop a camera technology roadmap
- Create, review and comment on product specifications with the Electrical Engineering Lead Engineer and work closely with the Firmware/Software/CV development teams for camera design
- Integrate proof of concepts into existing products and new products
- Work closely with a global network of suppliers throughout development phases to ensure quality and performance
- Demonstrate proactive collaboration with adjacent development teams to ensure design success, including industrial design, product management, and operations
- 10+ years in camera engineering
- BS in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience doing development and production planning work with Contract Manufacturers
- Expertise with test and measurement tools
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, including interacting with executive management
- Spoken and written English
- Ability to multitask and good time management skills
- Positive attitude and high energy!
- Experience in depth sensors, CV and ML a plus
- Process engineering experience
- Proven project or program management experience
- Management experience of junior and staff team members
- Specific expertise in fitness equipment or consumer electronics
Some travel to both HQ in NYC and to ODM and CM manufacturers will be required.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.