Senior Manager, Distribution Center
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, all employees are required to wear the necessary PPE within the warehouse and while on client deliveries
The Senior Manager, DC Operations is accountable for the overall business and human resource management of the Distribution Center(s), providing high level strategic advice to the Director, Distribution Operations on business and resource planning, financial sustainability and compliance; and for leading the DC Operations team. Key activities will include working in the Senior Management Team to develop and implement improvements to organizational planning, policies and operational systems; diversify funding sources to improve business sustainability; and implement a new organizational structure that better equips the organization to achieve the goals and aspirations of the Peloton Supply Chain Network. The Senior Manager, DC Operations is a full-time, multi-tasking role in a collaborative team environment.
- Sr. Manager, DC Operations serves as the escalation point for DC Managers
- Sr. Manager may oversee a large single site or multiple smaller sites, with similar scope and responsibility
- Manages DC resources, developing and implementing an operational plan and ensuring that procedures are carried out properly
- Create a safe, positive & developmental environment where team members are valued, developed and supported
- Undertake the development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the Operations Plan to meet the strategic goals and interests of the Company.
- Coach, train and develop a team of salaried leaders within the Distribution Center Organization
- Provide high level advice on strategic planning and business opportunities, risk management and continuous quality improvement.
- Work in the Senior Management Team to improve operational systems, processes and policies to support management reporting, information flow and management, business processes and organizational planning.
- Broad experience, across functional and operational areas, designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining large scale projects.
- Can independently identify up-stream and down-stream operational problems and escalate them to the appropriate resource before they become project-threatening.
- Identifies and evaluates potential risks/obstacles with minimal direction from Sr. Director. Determines appropriate corrective action.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred
- 5+ years leading operations
- 7+ years experience in operations/supply chain/logistics/e-commerce and transportation concepts such as forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics, delivery performance, carrier negotiation, inventory management, S&OP
- Proven experience managing teams across different levels of expertise
- Strong analytical background; comfortable in ambiguous situations
- Must be flexible to work a variety of hours as business demands including overnight, weekends and holidays
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma a plus
- Up to 50% travel required
This is primarily an active position, which may involve long periods of standing and lifting items weighing 25 lbs or more. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.