We are looking for Senior Software Engineers to join our Developer Experience team. We build the foundational developer tools relied on by hundreds of developers to build software at Peloton. You will join a team where everyone shares a common interest in unlocking developer productivity by building tools to allow engineers to discover information more easily, build code or infrastructure at the touch of a button, and manage mobile apps, web sites, backend services, and data pipelines with minimal toil. This is especially important as Peloton plans to scale out 100-fold over the next few years.
Our team's mission is to create the best developer experience in the tech industry for the entire spectrum of Peloton's technology: IoT, firmware, web, apps, backend, messaging, content, data, and machine learning. We are responsible for Peloton's developer portal and tooling for source code management, continuous integration (CI), documentation as code (TechDocs), and Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC). You will create the tooling and services that enable engineers to generate infrastructure-as-code--at the push of a button in our developer portal--or through check-in of a simple config file. Your work will unleash the productivity of hundreds of engineers, enabling thousands of infrastructure changes per day--all with GitOps-backed configuration management and out-of-the-box best practices for security, reliability, and scalability. You will work with the latest open source technology, making contributions of your own to open source projects, and presenting at industry conferences.
What You'll Do
- Design extensible apis and scalable software architectures enabling developers to self-provision infrastructure and manage applications.
- Work with technologies like Golang, Python, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Work to unify infrastructure and reduce development lead times
- Be a part of a positive and inclusive culture that is hyper-focused on solving developer challenges during hypergrowth
Who You Are
- A passion for software architecture and motivation to stay current with the latest frameworks.
- Have strong coding/debugging abilities. You have GoLang, Java, Kotlin,or Python in your toolbelt
- Comfortable working with cloud services and infrastructure.
- Possess an agile mindset and embrace iterative design
- Are experienced with unit, regression, and performance test frameworks.
- Collaborate well with engineering managers, product managers, designers, and other developers. You are intrigued by bringing the ideas of Martin Fowler and others to reality at-scale
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.