SUPERVISOR, SAFETY, DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, all employees are required to wear the necessary PPE within the warehouse and while on client deliveries
Provide expertise in areas of environmental, occupational health and safety (EHS), risk management, and workers compensation management across the Distribution Center. Assist the General Manager to maintain compliance with all applicable EHS requirements. Aid business units in actions to eliminate worker injuries, vehicle accidents and associated costs. Work closely with the Director of EHS & General Manager, DC Operations on all safety related topics.
- Oversee Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives for local Distribution Center
- Manage the SDS/Hazard Communication program
- Manage and perform the planning, training, inspection, reporting and recordkeeping requirements for all safety compliance programs
- Lead training efforts for EHS related activities throughout the Distribution Center
- Manage the preparation and submittal of safety-related agency regulatory reports
- Provide engaging health and safety leadership to the facility employees
- Lead Distribution Center Employee Safety Committee
- Work cross functionally with the Global Security Operations Team to develop and support strategic initiatives designed to produce best in class EHS performance
- Act as the facility and regional champion for the Zero Incidents initiatives
- Lead the tracking and assessment of safety requirements and metrics
- Advise Distribution Center leadership teams on strategy deployment progress and challenges
- Train and Assist site managers, supervisors and employees in the development and implementation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
- Conduct audits to ensure that consistent, best-in-class results and compliance are followed to enable operational excellence. Prepare reports of findings with recommendations for corrective action
- Conduct and document annual compliance inspections.
- Perform Job Safety Analysis of all worksite activities and lead actions for controls and countermeasures.
- Leads safety observation efforts across the local Distribution Center.
- Observe workers to determine proper use of prescribed safety equipment and procedures. Train and demonstrate proper use of safety equipment.
- Investigate incidents (including injuries, property damage, near misses, releases, and losses) to determine root cause and prepare/direct corrective action plans.
- Acts as regional champion for implementation of risk reduction controls.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of warehouse operations procedures
- Highly organized with a relentless attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills, and the ability to troubleshoot problems and think on your feet
- Demonstrated understanding of OSHA and local regulations
- Proven knowledge of safety regulations and industry standards
- Demonstrated ability to influence management, teams and individuals across multiple functions within the organization
- Proven track record of successfully managing shifting deadlines and priorities in a fast paced environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; able to train/present to an executive level audience
- Must be flexible to work a variety of hours as business demands including overnight, weekends and holidays
- CSP, CSHO, or equivalent Safety Certification
This is primarily an active position, involving long periods of standing and lifting items weighing 25 lbs or more. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.