Senior NVH (Noise, Vibration and Harshness) Engineer - Reliability
We are looking for an experienced noise and vibration engineer specializing in rotating machinery such as: electric motors, flywheel and belt noise. You will need a broad engineering skill set and an approach to NVH engineering that is focused on the experience of the end user of our products, from the powertrain sound quality of Peloton Products to the sound quality of the overall functionality within a Consumers environment. You will work with a team of versatile EE, ME and Reliability engineers and collaborate with design and manufacturing teams.
- Determine sources and root causes of structure borne and airborne noise from electric motors, gearboxes, flywheels, belts, etc.... Recommend design improvements and work with the design teams to test, validate, and implement improvements.
- Perform sound source localization and transfer path analysis to quantify and rank contributions from rotating machinery components.
- Perform component-level testing on test fixtures or dynamometer and correlate component level results and trends to NVH performance on the complete product
- Perform testing on Products from sub-system to full system verification.
- This role is mostly focused on testing and analysis but experience with vibroacoustic simulation, gear train modeling, Python, LAbview, or Matlab would be helpful.
- Bachelor’s degree with 4 years of professional NVH experience
- Master’s degree with 2 years of professional NVH experience
- Experience in fault detection of rotating machinery using microphones, accelerometers, torque transducers, shaft encoders, zebra tape, etc...
- Experience using order analysis, cepstrum analysis, torsional vibration analysis, sound intensity mapping, experimental modal analysis, and transfer path analysis for structure borne noise in vehicles
- Experience with tonal sound quality metrics such as hearing model tonality, prominence ratio, and solid understanding of hearing perception and psychoacoustics.
- Understanding of basic gear design, gear inspection, metrology, and NVH issues related to manufacturing variability
- Basic understanding of noise and vibration issues related to electromagnetic interactions in electric motors
- This role is mainly focused on testing and analysis but experience with vibroacoustic simulation or powertrain modeling would be useful
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.