The Project Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for refurb engineering of assigned products through process design and development, implementation, and improvement utilizing knowledge and experience in product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators by performing the following duties.
- Develop and validate new product refurb processes through active participation in new product and process design review
- Drive refurb process fixture and equipment design, develop, and document the standard operation process
- Perform refurb-BOM review/scrubbing on mechanical and electrical components to ensure correct refurb-BOM structure and proper documentation
- Implement refurb processes, including training, guiding, and soliciting feedback from operation team
- Prepare refurb process and product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information/trends and feedback to design/management team
- Be accountable for end-to-end refurb projects through product life cycle, including NPI, mass-production, and EOL till end of support
- Assure refurb product quality by effective tests, to confirm refurb operation, fabrication, assembly, and installation processes
- Develop and maintain labor standards and provide industrial engineering support to warehouses and logistics, as required
- Utilize tools such as SPC, DoE, BOM structure analysis, etc. to effectively improve productivity and reduce wastes
- Drive functions to improve product quality and reliability, including supplier quality improvement and return to vendor programs
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills to troubleshoot, diagnose, and overview of the entire refurb process and the ability to train others
- Read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals; Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals; effectively communicate with managers and employees of the organizations
- B.S. or M.S. in Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in high volume manufacturing factory (Consumer Product Integration); CM or EMS experience highly preferred
- Proficient of CAD/CAM software (AutoCAD, SOLIDWORKS) and drafting procedures
- Proficient of 3D Printing, Laser cutting/marking equipment for rapid prototype process
- Strong knowledge in Robot/PLC programing for manufacturing automation
- NPI/turnkey project transfer experience
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.