You will be working on the flagship Peloton experience that comes with every Peloton bike and treadmill. You will get the opportunity to work on improving the developer experience and architecture in the Peloton app used in the bike and treadmill.
As a senior engineer on the platform team, you will be responsible for building tools to improve developer experience, evolving our MVI architecture, introducing new technologies and improving build times across multiple platforms. You will also have the responsibility to assist and grow the more mid/junior engineers around you.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 6+ years of software development experience, 4+ years Android development experience
- Solid understanding of Kotlin and Java.
- Solid understanding of Kotlin coroutines and using Flows.
- Solid understanding and experience with using Model View Intent architecture.
- Solid understanding of Gradle and optimizing builds.
- Ability to improve build times in a large codebase with shared modules across multiple platforms.
- Ability to build Gradle plugins, compiler Plugins and tools to automate and improve developer experience.
- Have experience with automation testing, such as Espresso
- Have experience working on a platform team that focuses on improving developer experience across multiple feature teams.
- Ability to evaluate and communicate different engineering solutions and trade-offs
- Previously published application(s) to Google Play Store
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent years of work experience
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Have experience using gRPC and GraphQL.
- Have experience using Kotlin Multiplatform.
- Have experience building annotation processor and compiler plugins.
- Have experience with build automation with Jenkins.
- Have Github project(s) or contribute to open source communities
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.