Are you a Peloton Superfan? Do you have a strong bias for action, great communication skills, and a recognized ability as someone who Gets Stuff Done. Do you have several years experience managing global API / Backend development and deployment in a Program Management capacity?
Peloton is seeking an experienced Technical Program Manager to help drive development and innovation in collaboration with our API, Leaderboard and Personalization development teams. You’ll be focused on the underlying technology that really drives the engagement behind Peloton fitness products.
Successful candidates will thrive managing highly complex API, Real-time processing applications, and Security implementations on leading edge platforms.
You will be responsible for helping to identify and document requirements, planning out these programs, executing cross-functional feature development, driving alignment between multiple teams across the organization, managing schedules, identifying and tracking risks, and clearly communicating to project stakeholders.
The right candidate knows what they are doing, and also knows how to get stuff done in a global cross-functional environment.
- Manage multiple full lifecycle API, Leaderboard and Personalization programs from early definition, to post release support, to End-of-life, while ensuring communication outward
- Communicate program status, risks, and mitigation plans to broader team and executives.
- Technical Analysis: Working with the relevant development team to conduct feasibility studies and confirm the scope for software development
- Software release milestone and scope definition: define software release scope per release milestone and ensure software released per requirement.
- Ensure that API features for each version are controlled, and clearly communicated with internal teams that consume the APIs as well as the product management team.
- Actively manage and report on the overall quality of the programs you are working on.
- Proactively manage program level issues as they arise: pulling the team together to come up with creative solutions to issues and challenges while preserving quality, cost, and schedule targets.
- Triage external requests and support tickets onto the various API teams and track them to closure as per priority
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering / CS (Masters / MBA preferred)
- 4+ years of experience in Technical / Program Management in the Backend and API space
- General understanding of Rest APIs and GraphQL as well as conceptual knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture / microservices architecture.
- Familiar with various datastores such as Postgres, Redis, Memcache and/or DynamoDB.
- Strong understanding of cloud infrastructure in general and AWS in particular
- Familiar with distributed systems architecture, scaling and observability
Good to have
- Working knowledge and experience with Activation, Authentication, Authorization, and API level Security
- Experience managing production issues all the way from detection to resolution based on severity
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.