Engineering Manager (iOS)
The Apple Platforms team owns the apps that bring Peloton’s workout experience to iOS, tvOS, and watchOS. We build native Swift and SwiftUI applications that engage our members who own Peloton hardware as well as those members whose only touchpoint with the brand is via their mobile device or TV. Peloton’s mobile apps are an important and growing focus for the company, as they provide an easy way for new users to engage with Peloton’s high-quality content at a greater range of price points.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager able to manage a team of mobile engineers. In this role, you will be working to improve the core technology we build while delivering user-facing projects across our apps. You will also recruit for your team and manage the career growth of the engineers reporting to you.
- Motivate and drive a continuous performance-based culture within the team. Provide management support for the team in the form of team meetings and 1:1’s.
- Coach and mentor team members. Foster their career growth through setting objectives, regular feedback, and sharing best practices.
- Lead by example to actively maintain and build a culture of learning, respect, transparency, and trust.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Engineering, QA, Product, Product Research, Design, Program Management, and others to develop short- and long-term roadmaps and execution plans.
- Handle planning and breaking down large projects; Manage program and project risks appropriately; Identify and mitigate internal and cross-functional dependencies and blockers.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders
- Drive technical decision-making through objectively assessing trade-offs based on architecture, scope, business priorities, and impacts to the product experience.
- Leverage a strong technical foundation and experience to provide appropriate guidance to a team of senior and staff software engineers.
- 2+ years of hands-on technical management experience.
- 8+ years of relevant software development experience.
- Experience creating delightful mobile experiences for consumer-focused companies with large audiences.
- Experience working in large mobile codebases exhibiting a high degree of modularity and reuse.
- Experience setting a strong vision and roadmap for the team; Actively involved in setting team’s long-term goals and execution plans.
- Familiarity with CI/CD and how to incorporate test automation into development workflows.
- Experience working with Agile methodology and delivery of quality software as part of an Agile team.
- Demonstrable experience shipping several large-scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams.
- Ability to mediate between competing product and technical priorities; align priorities and goals through collaboration with technical leads and product managers.
- Experience with coaching and mentoring software engineers at different stages in their career, including senior and staff level engineers. Able to demonstrate the ability to identify the strength and weaknesses of individuals to maximize team effectiveness.
- Experience hiring talented engineers at different levels.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience with reactive programming (Combine, RxSwift, ReactiveSwift, or the like).
- Experience with relevant frameworks such as HealthKit, CoreBluetooth, AVFoundation.
- Experience with watchOS or tvOS.
- Experience with streaming video.
Please note: This is a full-time position that will be remote initially (due to COVID-19) and based in our New York City HQ once safe to re-open the office.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.