Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, all employees are required to wear the necessary PPE within the warehouse and while on client deliveries
Responsible for overseeing, leading and managing all ICQA (Inventory Control Quality Assurance) activities within the Distribution Center including but not limited to: cycle counting, process improvement, auditing, data analysis and system support. Function as a change agent focused on ensuring and improving the accuracy, performance, productivity, efficiency, profitability and safe execution of departmental and organizational operations. Maintain ownership of department needs and activities including but not limited to: labor planning, project management, KPI adherence, safety compliance, housekeeping, reporting and continuous improvement.
- Support safety programs and compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all Associates
- Coordinate inventory control maintenance and random counts in accordance with network count strategies, ensuring compliance and consistency with SOX
- Measure quality, inventory integrity, and accuracy while providing proactive feedback to the operations management team
- Plan for and identify root causes of inventory deviation, via cause and effect analysis
- Gain expertise in key Distribution Center process paths, as well as exception handling; we’ll need you to ensure that process discipline is adhered to across all shifts and departments
- Ensure KPIs are reviewed on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis and perform control and quality analysis on any behaviors/processes that could have an impact on inventory integrity
- Collaborate with all department managers to identify and understand key projects, initiatives and system enhancements
- Liaise with Department Supervisors, Shift Operations Managers, and DC Manager to aid the communication of all policies related to process discipline
- Lead and supervise a team of supervisors and hourly associates, in Inventory Control / Quality Assurance operations within the Distribution Center
- A Bachelor's Degree or 2+ years Peloton Distribution experience
- 3+ years of direct management experience for employees and their performance
- You pride yourself on leading other leaders; you have direct experience managing front-line supervisors and have been responsible for supporting their performance and their associates.
- You have an eye for efficiency and bring experience identifying and implementing large-scale process improvement initiatives using data-driven techniques (performance metrics or Lean techniques)
- Strong analytical background; comfortable in ambiguous situations
- Must be flexible to work a variety of hours as business demands including overnight, weekends and holidays
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma a plus
This is primarily an active position, involving long periods of standing and lifting items weighing 25 lbs or more. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.