The Director of Sourcing will assist the company to research future architectures and technologies for its breakthrough end to end fitness systems. Responsible for developing new supplier and new sourcing partnerships with a primary focus on mechanical and electromechanical commodities and processes that can be incorporated into new fitness products, as well as existing products to improve cost, efficiency, quality and global scalability. Work with the broader internal cross functional teams to evaluate the opportunities, while ensuring commercial agreements, intellectual property, and project agreements are accurate and well established prior to pipelining. As Director of Sourcing, you will work with a team of manufacturing, operations, engineering, and quality as well as technical leads where necessary in order to resolve critical issues.
- Develop global strategy and supply base for potential incorporation into new and existing products
- Leverage your engineering and technical knowledge to drive best in class solutions
- Execute commercial agreements to properly reflect the expectations of the project including fixed and variable costs, lead-times, schedules, manufacturing capacities, as well as test, quality, and ongoing reliability needs.
- Design and create infrastructure, virtual and experimental to prove and ensure efficiency and performance of the supply alternatives.
- Oversee the Advanced Sourcing efforts and analyze workflow, establish priorities, develop standards and set deadlines.
- Deliver a seamless transition of viable new technologies into the product development process managing risks while meeting quality, schedule, and cost goals.
- Manage and lead the operations effort of developing new and adaptations of existing technologies for Peloton.
- Rationalize supply base and global footprint ensuring optimized alignment with focus on quality, capability, technology, speed and scale.
- Design and implement components using FEA/CFM or other advanced simulations tools to accelerate experimentation
- Meet with cross functional leaders to collaborate internally, negotiate the right tradeoffs, solicit cooperation and resolve problems, and advance new supplier or product offerings.
- Provide strong technical direction by evaluating and guiding Product Strategy through operational design and development.
- Ensure the best direction for the team to deliver world-class innovation from initial concept to launch with best practices and advanced development techniques.
- Conduct regular technology reviews with Executive staff and management.
- Conduct analysis to ensure product safety, quality, reliability and agency compliance standards are maintained.
- Proven Leadership – Strong supply management, mechanical engineering, strategic sourcing experience
- Solid collaboration skills working with multiple disciplines internal and external
- Strategic thinker – Experienced putting together strategy for future developments; skill assessment and resource planning; knows how to prepare presentations to business leaders for approval
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (BSME, BSEE) or other related technical degree. Advanced technical degree strongly preferred.
- 15+ years engineering and operations experience
- Entrepreneurial with vision for future products
- Experience related to the following areas:
- Motor and Controls
- Extrusion, Die Casting, Plastics, Sheet Metal Operations
- Core technologies – key silicon, display/touch, camera, audio
- Use of TAM simulations in designs
- Attention to detail and possession of excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.