The Product Manufacturing Engineer: Connected Devices & Accessories will research, develop, and recommend world-class manufacturing processes in conjunction with CMs, JDMs and ODMs, & internally. This role will support NPI (New Product Introductions) manufacturing activities of connected device & accessories which like consumer products e.g. smart wearable device, IoT and fitness accessory products like workout mat, shoes and dumbbells. The responsibility includes: defining manufacturing requirements, driving manufacturing readiness, driving DFM/DFA activities, perform detailed analysis (cost, capacity, manpower, FARCCA), manage project timelines, launch, production and continuous improvement activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams through the NPI stage gate process (Concept-MP), as the voice of Peloton manufacturing
- Collaborate with Peloton partners and teams to communicate, define manufacturing requirements
- Interpret engineering drawings, understand and perform tolerance, GD&T, process analysis; Identify and communicate concerns, risk as needed
- Ensure product manufacturing requirements are clearly understood by manufacturing partners
- Participate in supplier, CM, JDM, ODM selection & qualification
- Lead PFMEA activities to ensure partners utilize world-class manufacturing processes
- Develop process and equipment specifications as needed
- Execute process qualifications, supplier capability studies, Gage R&R, CPk, DOE’s, etc.
- Lead manufacturing readiness activities and process validation builds to ensure flawless launch and mass production; and solve problems efficiently to maintain project timing
- Support product sustainment and improvement activities
Education and Experience
- MS in an Engineering discipline desired (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial);
- 5+ years experience in a hands-on, fast paced, consumer-facing, NPI environment.
- Extensive experience in manufacturing of highly cosmetic, consumer-facing, IoT Devices
- Experience in smart phone, smart watch and/or IoT products mechanical and/or manufacturing design are a must.
- Experience in fitness accessory products like shoes, mat, dumbbells etc are a plus.
- Experience in both mechanical and manufacturing design are a plus
- Experience in joining technology, precision assembly, CNC machining, fixturing, welding, stamping, casting, plastic injection molding and various finishing techniques, etc.
- Knowledge of electrical device design, manufacturing and integration: FW/SW, PCB’s, audio, sensors, cameras, Wi-Fi, etc.
- Experience in developing SOP’s, Value-Stream Maps, Process Maps, Lean, 5S, SPC
- Problem solving and corrective action skills: DOE, 8D, RedX, DAMIC, Kaizen events, etc.
- Experience in developing/supporting DFMEA, PFMEA, and Control Plan activity
- Expert-level CAD/CAM user (SolidWorks preferred)
- Strong project management skill set: LSSGB/BB, SCRUM, PMP certification a plus
- Knowledge and application of Global/International standards; ASTM, ISO, DIN, JIS, ANSI, etc.
- Microsoft Office applications, Arena, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Managing large manufacturing projects ($5M+ capex/opex)
This position requires domestic and international travel. Successful candidates must be willing to travel at least 30% or more as needed.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.