DIRECTOR, PRODUCT INTEGRITY & ADVANCED MATERIALS will be responsible for building, leading, and developing the engineering team that performs computer-aided engineering-, and driving the designs of safe and economical structures to support the overall engineering development process. You will recruit and hire high-performance engineers well versed in material science, structural dynamics, thermal analysis, and metal forming. You will be responsible for building processes and standards for the team and encourage a culture of collaboration, innovation, and execution.
In This Role You Will
- Lead and build a team responsible for computer-aided engineering including:
- Finite Element Analysis
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Rigid Body Dynamics
- Advanced Materials Selection
- Metal Forming
- Develop, analyze and test thermal, acoustic, and structural solutions; from concept design, feature development, product architecture, through system validation
- Collaborate closely with Mechanical engineering, Electrical Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, Product Management, and Industrial Design to bring innovative products to market.
- Plan and execute analysis and testing of complex assemblies using advanced simulation and experimentation tools and techniques
- Implement and administer simulation tools like Abaqus and Icepak for analysis and design of products
- Validate design modifications using simulation and actual prototypes
- Possess a deep technical knowledge of materials science and physics of failure.
- Responsible for implementing statistical tools to validate analytical models to identify risks and assess design margins
- Create and present analytical and experimental results
- Develop and apply design guidelines and standards based on theoretical and empirical data
- Work with our People Team to recruit, interview, and hire, new employees
- The candidate must be able to communicate well with cross-functional team members, be able to efficiently collaborate to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the engineering community.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- 15+ years experience driving complex engineering products and projects through detailed technical analysis, leveraging computer-aided engineering
- 5+ years experience managing engineering teams
- Diverse industry experience and technical background
- Experience building and managing engineering teams
- Strong mechanical and materials engineering fundamentals
- Extensive experience in structural dynamics simulation
- Experience in developing and executing engineering verification and validation test plans
Location: New York or Santa Clara
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.