As a Content Infrastructure Engineer at Peloton, you'll be a part of the core team that keeps client infrastructure redundant, scalable, and secure. The Streaming Engineering team is responsible for creating, protecting, and monitoring Peloton’s streaming infrastructure. We do this by developing and maintaining a media asset workflow that manages both live and video on demand (VOD) content. Ultimately, the goal is to ensure the highest quality video content for our members. Our team also works with the production team to manage the automated ingestion of new media. We also collaborate with software engineering to improve the quality of asset management.
- 7+ years of professional IT/technical/Content Security experience in the Media & Entertainment industry.
- Experience in AWS Elemental Physical hardware and AWS Elemental Media Services.
- Experience managing a mix of on-prem and cloud infrastructure using tools like Terraform and Ansible.
- Experience monitoring system performance.
- Experience managing AWS account(s) with multiple VPCs with private and public networks.
- Experience with on-prem object storage systems with cloud backup and archive.
- Experience creating, deploying, troubleshooting AWS Lambda workflows.
- Superb communication skills in all written, oral, and presentation capabilities, with an ability to convey complex concepts to all levels of personnel (staff to executive).
- Effectively coordinates work and communication across disparate groups.
- Able to quickly adapt to new technical and functional concepts.
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with multiple contending priorities.
The Content Infrastructure Engineer is a new and innovative role under Streaming Engineering designed to help maintain, build, and architect the current and future hybrid cloud on-prem infrastructure for content. This role will support in designing and securing technology, infrastructure, and highly available systems. Responsibilities Design and implement deployment automation software using Terraform, Kubernetes, and Ansible. Manage and improve deployment environment, from bare metal and AWS Lambdas, to ensure high quality highly available video services. Create or use existing tools to measure, monitor, and improve performance and reliability. Improvement CICD software to help the streaming engineering team deploy fearlessly. Contribute to automation tools that help infrastructure operators and engineering day to day task.
- Work with Streaming Engineering to scale our content delivery systems and streamline our operation to reduce customer-facing video quality issues
- Manage and support our AWS hosting architecture, transcoding operations, CDN services, and CI/CD systems
- Establish and cultivate positive relationships at all levels.
- Develop monitoring and incident alerting systems to aid in a proactive approach to outages, partial outages, and “failure imminent metrics” of all our SaaS, internal, and physical systems
- Research, recommend, and implement new technologies
- Experience in development and support of production systems used in a 24x7 operations environment
- The successful candidate will have spent several years automating and deploying infrastructure on-prem and in AWS.
- Experience working Content delivery networks.
- Experience supporting and maintaining bare-metal servers.
- Experience with large object storage systems on-prem and in the cloud.
- Experience with AWS media services.
- Experience working with AWS hosting architecture.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Solid back end experience with Amazon Web Services, and deployment via Terraform
- Proficient experience with configuration management tools.
- Proficient scripting skills in Python 3 and Bash
- Proficient in developing, debugging, and optimizing complex content delivery pipelines
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.