Peloton is seeking a Senior Communications Lead, based in Toronto, ON, to help craft and implement strategic public relations activities in Canada that support and promote Peloton’s global and territory-specific offerings, including, but not limited to content and instructors, products (Bike, Bike+, Tread, App), partnerships, retail and apparel, community and relevant business initiatives. This person should be passionate about PR, fitness, tech, and innovation and have a good handle on the evolving Canadian media landscape. This role requires someone who is a creative, strategic thinker and problem-solver with an affinity for details, who displays an exceptional work ethic and a positive attitude. The role will collaborate cross functionally with the brand marketing, content, retail and membership teams to ensure the appropriate Peloton narrative is being delivered in-market.
This person will also work closely with Peloton’s Toronto-based PR agency to ensure strategic alignment with Peloton business goals as well as partnering to create market-relevant communications plans.
- In conjunction with Global Comms team partners, build Canada-specific communications roadmap.
- Build strategic relationships with consumer lifestyle, health/fitness, and music outlets/influencers on behalf of Peloton, that will lead to media and social coverage.
- Work closely with the content and marketing teams to leverage our instructor talent to promote Peloton’s fitness content and expertise.
- Draft prep materials, pitches and press releases related to Peloton news and initiatives.
- In partnership with external PR agency, manage press activities and outreach around instructor talent, streaming and on-demand fitness content/Peloton App, product promotion, and retail showroom openings.
- Amplify compelling Member stories in the media to promote the diversity of Peloton’s worldwide community.
- 6+ years of experience working in communications and media relations, preferably in the media, lifestyle and/or fitness category
- Proven record of pitching and securing consumer press, and a deep understanding of the fitness, lifestyle and media sectors
- Ability to take global press/marketing initiatives and localize in market
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and proactively, juggle multiple projects, and collaborate well within a small, enterprising team of communications professionals
- Ability to bring new thinking and ideas to the communications team
- Highly organized, great attention to detail and ability to ruthlessly prioritize
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.