At Peloton, we view Platform as a Product. A great platform unlocks speed of development and learning. It allows us to scale easily, enabling our engineers to maximize attention on new features and capabilities, instead of working about building and managing infrastructure.
As the product lead for developer experience ("DevEx") your work will touch every engineer at Peloton, shaping the experience across IoT, mobile, web, backend, data and machine learning. This role spans the entire DevEx domain, weaving together the entire spectrum of developer tooling; onboarding, discovery, and tech learning; CI, CD, gitops, and all things-as-code; and more. Imagine a world where new engineers can onboard with ease and safely push code to production within days of joining Peloton; where commit-to-deploy times for all things (code, configuration, and infrastructure) is measured in minutes; where you relentless streamline all the little snags and frictions that slow down developers, unlocking the innovation of hundreds of engineers.
What You'll Do
- Provide the product and portfolio vision to create the best experience across the spectrum of hardware, mobile, web, backend, data, and machine learning
- Partner with engineering and product teams (across Peloton and leaders in industry) to define what true developer productivity is, what constitutes a great platform at speed and scale, and how to bring this to practice.
- Understand Peloton's strategic goals, connecting these to Platform's mission, weaving them into our product and portfolio strategy to ensure that Platform's investments and innovations are aligned with the needs of Peloton and its subsidiaries.
- Deeply care about finding all the snags and frictions that can slow engineers down, relentlessly working to reduce friction and speed up key feedback loops for productivity
- Build strong relationships with all of the engineering leaders across Peloton, partnering with them to understand their teams' needs and fulfil them through a range of partnerships, such as embedding, mob programming, and shared virtual teams.
- Balance needs around reliability, security and scale with building new features.
- Work with engineering management in Platform to ensure healthy delivery – including capabilities, happiness, resilience, and growth.
- Ensure the Platform Developer Experience team is doing the right things, while not being spread too thinly. A healthy balance of innovation, support and maintenance are the key to success
Who You Are
Above all else, we are looking for someone who is genuinely interested in developer experience and is passionate about how our Platform can boost developer productivity. You read posts by people like Martin Fowler and understand the day-to-day challenges of building software in a fast-moving environment:
- Have 3-5 years of experience in a product management role at a tech-driven organization.
- An analytical problem solver who is deeply empathetic and leads with a user-centered approach, backed by data-driven rigor and an attention to detail
- Have a history of listening to users, understanding their needs and crafting improvements to meet those needs.
- Learn new technologies quickly and can comfortably and effectively discuss the tradeoffs and benefits of various approaches with your engineering peers.
- Committed to teamwork and able to work well with other business units to build iterative solutions that continuously deliver value.
- Are an excellent communicator and storyteller; you engage with your audience on a personal level and can choose the right formats and models to engage with different types of stakeholder
- Bring a proven technical background, having worked in an Engineering or DevOps team
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.