We are looking for a Data Analyst with in-depth data analytics expertise and a desire to partner closely with accounting & finance stakeholders to join Peloton’s Data Science Team. As part of the Data Science Team supporting the Accounting function, you will identify, design and build solutions that enable strategic initiatives and operational improvements. As a dedicated subset of the broader Accounting & Finance team, you will help drive forward initiatives to improve the quality of our financial data and efficiency of the accounting close process, as well as design technology-enabled solutions to support Peloton’s evolving business at scale. As the Data Analyst, you will work directly with Accounting & Finance stakeholders to understand their needs, identify opportunities to optimize existing processes, and leverage your data and analytics skills to provide better visibility into financial data and develop insights to enable leadership to make effective, data-driven decisions. We are looking for a self-motivated, agile team-player who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and is willing to challenge existing solutions. The ideal candidate possesses a strong analytical toolset, has a passion for difficult challenges and a willingness to prototype and rapidly iterate, working with cross-functional teams to drive meaningful impact to the business.
- Collaborate and partner with internal stakeholders to proactively identify process improvements, capture business process requirements, and help translate these requirements into technical solutions to drive efficiency for the organization
- Support the accounting and finance stakeholders with automation and build out customized analytic reports for financial and operational reporting
- Design and develop ETL workflows and datasets in Alteryx to be used by the accounting and finance team to automate the month-end close processes and reconciliations
- Ability to write complex SQL queries with multiple joins to automate/manipulate these extracts in Alteryx; prepare technical specifications and documentation for Alteryx workflows
- Take a hands-on approach to troubleshooting complex process and functional issues and manage these through to resolution
- Work in partnership with the finance stakeholders and IT partners concerning the accuracy of data and efficiency of processes
- Diagnose and troubleshoot data discrepancies and errors
- Understand existing source system data models
- Work with business partners and IT integrations team to define and create reporting dashboards, and support ongoing data monitoring for financial data across systems
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance or Statistics)
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in analytics or business intelligence capacity
- Highly skilled in SQL and strong data extraction skills
- Advanced-level proficiency in Alteryx preferred
- Hands-on experience working with very large datasets, including statistical analyses, data visualization, data mining, and data cleansing/transformation
- Hands-on experience with data model development and reporting in data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, and familiar with spreadsheet software (Excel, Google Sheets)
- High level of precision and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various levels and to understand and express complex technical concepts
- Understanding of financial accounting concepts and familiarity with month-end close process preferred
- Proactive, self-motivated, and can work independently with strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with ERP software (such as NetSuite, SAP or Oracle) a plus
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.