Sr. DevOps Engineer - Enterprise Information Technology
Are you passionate about creating technology solutions? Peloton is looking for an intellectually curious, bright, adaptable, collaborative Sr. DevOps Engineer with a diverse set of skills who can thrive in a challenging and rewarding environment. As a Sr. DevOps Engineer, you will work with a broad group of teams to design, implement, and support technology solutions that enable business units to evolve. In this role, a premium is put on treating our technology and business partners as customers in order to design end-to-end solutions.
The Enterprise Information Technology team is responsible for designing, building, and supporting solutions for our internal user community.
We’re looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to scale and expand our services to support the needs of a business experiencing hyper-growth and expanding world-wide. The ideal candidate knows how to strike the balance between moving quickly and mitigating risk, and can operate effectively in a fast-paced, agile environment. The successful candidate will excel in a team environment and possess strong communication skills, while having aptitude across a wide scope of technical disciplines such as software, hardware, cloud, and networking. You must have security as a mindset and as a facet of all designs and operations.
You will want to work with us if you’re passionate about building awesome things!
What you’ll do:
- Design and build enterprise technology solutions to meet the needs of a dynamic business
- Own and operate critical internal services like Jenkins, Artifactory, and Gradle enterprise
- Push the team to continuously improve and expand our tooling and services with an eye towards self service, reliability, and efficiencies at scale
- Build, maintain, and improve automation that manages our infrastructure as code
- Exemplify our core values of putting members first, operating with a bias for action, empowering teams of smart creatives, and embracing a “together we go far” mentality
Required Qualifications, Skills:
- 5+ years of technical experience with Platform, Site Reliability Engineering, or DevOps
- 5+ years of experience with enterprise infrastructure architecture
- Solid experience managing, monitoring, and supporting high traffic environments
- Experience collaborating with Web/Software Development teams
- Experience with software release management (GIT) and agile/scrum methodologies
- Experience capacity planning and auto scaling infrastructure
- 3+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with configuration orchestration tools (Terraform, Cloudformation)
- Experience with build and configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Solid familiarity with building and maintaining continuous deployment environments
- Experience programming in a language like Python, Golang, Bash
- Experience deploying and supporting Linux and Windows servers
- Experience designing and operating platforms to support off-the-shelf software
- Experience troubleshooting performance issues
- Basic knowledge of Networking is essential
- Experience automating configuration of physical appliances using configuration management
- Experience with a SIEM such as Splunk or Graylog
- Experience with performance monitoring and reporting
- Proficient in deploying Kubernetes
- Experience working with APIs and scripting around them (ie: Okta API)
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.