We are seeking a Network Architect to join our team. You will be a member of the Global Network Services team responsible for ensuring a highly-available global infrastructure to enable Peloton’s growing global presence. This includes providing High and Low Level Designs and network architecture, defining standards, evaluating products and vendors. Work with the rest of the Global Network Services team to deploy, maintain, and support our global wired and wireless data network, voice systems, switches, routers, firewalls, site-to-site IPsec tunnels and client VPN. You will collaborate with the business stakeholders and other IT teams within the Enterprise Technology organization on projects and initiatives in addition to partnering with our Cyber Security team to design security principles and best practices for our internal user community to align with best-in-class security services.
- Provide high and low level design and network architecture for Peloton’s global projects and initiatives.
- Define and document on-prem and cloud networking standards.
- Have a clear vision for the future state of Peloton’s global network and global connectivity across all sites through hardware/software refresh projects and/or introducing new technologies.
- Define and document success criteria when running a Proof of Concept for new products/designs/technologies and/or vendor selection.
- Review and optimize current network designs and architecture.
- Create network diagrams and documentation of the network environments
- Work closely with the business stakeholders and various teams within Peloton to gather requirements and provide network designs according to the team standards and definitions.
- Have a clear understanding of the ongoing projects and their possible impact on the network design and architecture.
- Present HLDs to business stakeholders and other teams within Peloton.
- Present HLDs and LLDs to the Global Network Services team members.
- Work closely with the Global Network Services team to deploy, support and troubleshoot a complex global network environment.
- Review network utilization reports and provide capacity planning guidance and recommendations.
- Provide performance analysis and optimization.
- Design globally consistent secure network infrastructure by partnering with the information security team to establish and enforce policies; define and monitor access
- Evaluate partner solution portfolio roadmaps and new technologies for potential deployment across Peloton’s entire footprint of retail stores, warehouses, call centers, and offices globally.
- Provide troubleshooting guidance and runbooks for Tier 1 and Tier 2 IT support
- On-call 24x7 network support and escalation may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- One or more industry leading certifications preferred such as CCNP, CCIE, CCDE, etc.
- Experience with Cisco, Meraki, Aruba Wireless and Palo Alto is a must.
- 10+ years of experience in a multi-vendor network engineering, architecture, and design with 7+ years in a senior role placing emphasis on setting standards
- Combined experience should include:
- 8+ years of experience with designing, deploying, and supporting complex global network and/or solution engineering in SaaS environments
- 5+ years of network design and support of public cloud infrastructure: AWS, Azure, GCP
- 3+ years of scripting or coding experience with one or more languages
- 8+ years hands-on experience with routing/switching protocols and VPN technologies.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with designing, deploying and supporting SD-WAN solutions.
- 2+ year of experience with *nix systems and general use
- 2+ years of experience with deploying and supporting DDI solutions.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Motivated self-starter who has the ability to lead by example and break-down complex problems in order to find resolutions quickly
- Strong knowledge of network design and applications, including designing IP addressing hierarchy, complex routing and switching technologies.
- Understanding of network architecture, design of large scale networks
- Understanding of SDN/SDDC (Software Defined Network or Datacenter – full stack – (compute, storage, network) including experience with AWS, GCP, Azure, Openstack, Cloudstack, or related technologies
- Strong experience with multiple successful implementations (including the ability to design, configure, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot) of Cisco routers and switches, site-to-site IPsec tunnels, Palo Alto firewalls, Aruba Wireless and Meraki security appliances, switches and wireless.
- Strong knowledge of project life cycle management
- Strong knowledge of change management and MOPs
- Strong knowledge of packet capture and traffic analysis
- Virtualization technologies
- Strong knowledge of wireless design, technologies and wireless site survey tools
- Secure network architectures, including Beyond/Zero Trust frameworks
- High availability network design and technology
- Hands-on experience with how to support repeatable, reliable, and scalable network architectures with fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection, and disaster recovery.
- Expert level knowledge of transport protocols, routing protocols, and security/auth to encryption protocols at all layers of the OSI model with emphasis on TCP/IP are essential
- Extensive knowledge of
- Networking design concepts and fundamentals
- IP Routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP).
- Switching protocols (802.1Q, RSTP, DTP, VTP, LACP, CDP, LLDP).
- First Hop Redundancy Protocols (HSRP, VRRP, GLBP).
- Tunneling Technologies (IPSec, Q-in-Q, L3VPN, MPLS, MP-BGP, GRE, DMVPN).
- Virtualization Technologies (VRF, vPC, VSS, VDC, Stackwise).
- RADIUS/TACACS+ and 802.1x.
- Expertise in IP telephony/Hosted PBX and Call Center management are a plus.
- Expertise in Terraform is a plus
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love.
The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
“Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice and inequity in our world, and to promote health and wellbeing for all, from the inside out.