As the Director, Factory Operations, you will manage the organization responsible for producing the Peloton Bike & Tread products and their associated systems for both internal and external customers. Current operations are in New Jersey and California, and we're looking to expand our North American footprint. You will build and coach the teams that ultimately fulfill value to our customers reliably and predictably.
We are seeking candidates with expertise in managing lean manufacturing operations. This includes continuously improving our safety, quality, delivery and efficiency, driving the organizational, cultural, and process changes needed to identify inefficiencies and improve flow. You will coach the managers and teams in the group to help them succeed, providing clarity, detecting and resolving issues, instrumenting a framework for continuous improvement, and ensuring that the teams have what they need to deliver with quality, autonomy and purpose. You will have a high degree of ownership, a growth-oriented mindset, and a passion for enabling your teams, and Peloton, to succeed.
This role will report to the Vice President of US Manufacturing.
- Responsible for the oversight of manufacturing operations within facilities in Perris CA, Carteret, NJ, and other facilities as we scale
- Directs manufacturing activities to ensure maximum quality is delivered safely, efficiently and on-time
- Develops, maintains, and improves metrics monitoring performance and attainment of objectives and key results
- Collaborates with key business leaders to ensure reliable and timely launch and ongoing supply of products to the marketplace
- Responsible for all aspects of the budget for the Manufacturing Operations group; including expense planning, resource forecasting, and cost reductions as necessary
- Partners with Quality & Compliance, Supply Chain, Product, Engineering, and Commercial functions to coordinate the manufacturing process for the introduction of new products, equipment, processes, and technology
- Participates in strategic planning processes (including the Sales & Operations Planning process) and develops long-range plans to meet business profit and growth objectives
- Develops, reviews, and implements strategies and actions resulting in continuous improvement in safety, product quality, product delivery, productivity, material utilization, customer service, workforce diversity, quality of work life, and lower manufacturing costs
- Ensures robust procedures and training are in place, and that operations are following compliance as required by the EH & S department
- Forges close relationships with members of the Operations Leadership Team and other key stakeholders, to ensure best practices are developed and implemented
- Supports cultural improvements and programs that are sustainable and employee engagement driven
- Manages staff selection, performance and development, to ensure team competencies and capabilities to reach the business goals and expectations
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering; advanced degree preferred (MBA, MS Engineering Mgmt, etc.)
- 15+ years of progressively senior experience in Operations management and lean manufacturing implementation
- 8+ years of people management experience
- Extensive knowledge of World Class Manufacturing (WCM) methodology or comparable tools
- Ability to drive a manufacturing organization to high levels of safety and performance, as evidenced by a track record of consistent delivery and development of systems and processes to support customers and business needs
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective internal and external relationships across functional and geographic boundaries in pursuit of business goals
- Must be familiar with electronic assembly operations, facilities and techniques
- Working knowledge of factors which impact standard production cost with an eye towards continuous improvement (Mfg Var, Labor Var, Scrap, etc.)
- Ability to influence outcomes, utilizing effective communication skills across functions and at senior levels
- Strong business acumen / commercial focus, with the ability to translate business challenges into practical strategies
- Demonstrated ability to manage change across teams and multiple facilities
- Conflict Management, analytical, and diplomacy skills
- Continuous improvement techniques with manufacturing processes and capabilities
- Excellent leadership skills, as evidenced by a track record of hiring, retaining, developing and motivating top-tier Operations talent
- Demonstrated ability to build strong teams and track record of personal engagement and relationship with colleagues, direct reports, employees, customers, and suppliers
- Development and implementation of Operations strategy; including KPIs in a visual management system
- Driver of innovation and change
- Strong customer service focus
- Understanding of Financial planning and ERP systems
- Excellent problem-solving, written and verbal communication, and presentation/facilitation skills
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.