The Manager, Industrial Engineering will drive development and execution of Peloton’s Global Industrial Engineering strategy. The successful candidate will lead a team of engineers in research, development, and benchmarking of world-class industrial engineering practices. They will define Industrial Engineering requirements, perform detailed analysis (process simulations, material flow, cost, capacity, manpower), manage project timelines, launch, production and continuous improvement activities.
- Lead a team of Peloton Industrial engineers in a fast-paced environment, establishing a standard of excellence
- Hire, manage, coach, and develop team members; execute performance feedback reviews and goal setting/KPI exercises, and career development
- Lead development of global industrial engineering strategy, road mapping, metrics and KPI’s
- Drive industrial engineering departmental goals of standard work, specifications, cost savings, sustainability, and flawless project execution
- Lead industrial engineering innovation and new technology discovery explorations. Understand industry trends, methods, and tools to advance Peloton’s industrial engineering capabilities
- Identify, qualify, develop strategic partnerships; identifying key vendors and building technical relationships, ensuring expectation are clear, processes are robust, repeatable, and controlled
- Drive project timelines, budgets, and communication within a cross-functional organization
- Lead supplier benchmarking and scorecard activity to ensure Peloton partners with best-in-class suppliers
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, providing leadership and expertise in industrial engineering
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership
- Travel requirement: Domestic and international travel at least 30% of the time, or as needed by the business
- BS in an Engineering discipline desired (Mechanical, Industrial); Advanced degree a plus
- 10+ years Industrial Engineering experience in a hands-on, fast paced, engineering & manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of experience in a people management role
- History of success of building high-performing teams; Excellent communication skills, motivator, team builder
- Extensive experience in Greenfield/Brownfield plant layout, material flow, equipment installs & startup, production ramp
- Experience working with global OEM’s & vendors in NA, Europe, and Asia
- Experience with MES, MRP, ERP systems is a plus; SAP preferred
- Experience in using CAD/CAM (SolidWorks preferred), AutoCAD, ProE
- Extensive experience with simulation modeling software (e.g., FlexSim), data visualization software (Tableau), etc.
- Expert-level Excel user
- Knowledge of precision assembly (FATP), CNC machining, welding, and finishing techniques
- Experience manufacturing highly cosmetic, consumer-facing products manufacturing a plus
- Problem solving and corrective action skills: A3, DOE, ATS, 8D, RedX, DMAIC, Kaizen, etc.
- Knowledge and application of global standards; OSHA, NFPA, IEC, Ergonomics, ISO, UL, ASTM, ISO, DIN, JIS, ANSI, etc.
- Experience in manufacturing, supply chain, distribution, and logistics
- Strong project management skill set: LSSGB/BB, SCRUM, PMP certification a plus
- Microsoft Office applications, Arena, Jira, Confluence, etc., PowerPoint
- Experience leading large manufacturing capital projects
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.