The Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer: Automation & Assembly Systems has overall responsibility for the development of automation & assembly systems, from concept design through launch. The successful candidate will research, develop, benchmark, and recommend state-of-the-art automation & assembly processes, internally and in conjunction with OEMs, integrators, etc. The (AME) will develop and gather technical requirements, participate in DFA efforts, create process and equipment SOR’s and specifications, perform detailed cost calculations, create/manage project timelines, and oversee equipment FAT, SAT, launch and running changes.
- Serve as the engineering lead in a cross-functional automation and assembly system engineering team
- Write equipment specifications, SORs for new or modified equipment and/or obtaining agreement on specifications of equipment
- Provide technical factory support, continuous improvement ideas, and other duties as assigned
- Greenfield/Brownfield plant layout, equipment install, startup, debug experience
- CapEx development and proposal: ROI, make-vs-buy, IRR, and payback analysis
- Development of DFMEA, PFMEA, and control plans
- Create Work/Maintenance Instructions, Value-Stream Mapping, Process Mapping
- Solid project management experience. Lead process and project status reviews
- Experience with machine shop equipment, measuring tools & gages, hand tools, etc.
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes (CNC, Injection Molding, Casting, Stamping, Welding, etc.)
- Management of large manufacturing capital projects ($5M+)
- Domestic and international travel required: 30% or more as needed by the business
- B.S. in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial); Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years automation and assembly systems development experience in a hands-on manufacturing environment (concept through high-volume production)
- 5+ years high-volume consumer product assembly automation experience
- Expert level knowledge of automation systems (PLC, HMI, vision, robotics, fastening networking, RFID, MES, MRP, ERP, etc.; Recognized Automation/Assembly System SME
- Expertise in Lean Manufacturing principles
- Experience with supplier selection/qualification, RFI, RFP, RFQ, PO process
- Experience managing OEM’s, through equipment procurement and development process
- Knowledge of MSDS, OSHA, NFPA, IEC, Ergonomics, ISO, ANSI etc.
- Knowledge of GD&T, Tolerance stack analysis
- Use of Microsoft Office, Jira, Confluence, Smartsheet’s, SAP applications
- Expert level CAD/CAM knowledge/user of SolidWorks, AutoCAD, etc.
- Ability to create & interpret component, assembly, equipment drawings (schematics)
- Knowledge of IoT, AI, AR, VR, predictive maintenance, etc.
- RIA, AIA, GCCS, etc. certified preferred
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.