Project Manufacturing Engineer, Refurb Operations
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love.
The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
WHAT’LL YOU’LL DO:
The Project Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for refurb engineering of assigned products through process design and development, implementation, and improvement utilizing knowledge and experience in product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators by performing the following duties.
- Develop and validate new product refurb processes through active participation in new product and process design review.
- Drive refurb process fixture and equipment design, develop, and document the standard operation process.
- Perform refurb-BOM review/scrubbing on mechanical and electrical components to ensure correct refurb-BOM structure and proper documentation.
- Implement refurb processes, including training, guiding, and soliciting feedback from operation team.
- Prepare refurb process and product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information/trends and feedback to design/management team.
- Be accountable for end-to-end refurb projects through product life cycle, including NPI, mass-production, and EOL till end of support.
- Assure refurb product quality by effective tests, to confirm refurb operation, fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Develop and maintain labor standards and provide industrial engineering support to warehouses and logistics, as required.
- Utilize tools such as SPC, DoE, BOM structure analysis, etc. to effectively improve productivity and reduce wastes.
- Drive functions to improve product quality and reliability, including supplier quality improvement and return to vendor programs.
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills to troubleshoot, diagnose, and overview of the entire refurb process and the ability to train others.
- Read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals; Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals; effectively communicate with managers and employees of the organizations.
- B.S. or M.S. in Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in high volume manufacturing factory (Consumer Product Integration); CM or EMS experience highly preferred.
- Proficient of CAD/CAM software (AutoCAD, SOLIDWORKS) and drafting procedures
- Proficient of 3D Printing, Laser cutting/marking equipment for rapid prototype process
- Strong knowledge in Robot/PLC programing for manufacturing automation
- NPI/turnkey project transfer experience.