Audio Acoustic Systems Engineer
- Be the primary liaison between Peloton’s US based audio team, Peloton’s Taiwan based engineering team, Asia based component vendors and Asia based JDM/ODM audio teams
- Collaborate with the US audio team during architecture definition and facilitate prototyping as needed
- Contribute to component and JDM/ODM vendor selection with onsite visits to determine vendor capabilities and competencies
- Coordinate with US team to generate specifications to guarantee JDM and component vendors’ deliverables meet Peloton’s requirements and that all testing is executed
- Support factory builds to ensure audio quality is being met and solve issues in real time
- Validate all aspects of the audio design though hands-on measurements and leveraging JDM partner resources
- Provide assistance for any audio related failure analysis in region
- BS degree in Electro Acoustic Engineering or related field
- 15+ years experience delivering consumer audio electronics to mass production
- Demonstrated understanding of how end-to-end audio systems work including transducers, audio ICs, acoustics, embedded DSPs, algorithms, in conferencing and far-field voice applications
- Extensive experience with electrical audio and acoustic test and measurement tools for engineering evaluation and factory testing
- Willing to travel to ODM/JDM and subvendor factories to support development builds, audio test fixtures, test setup and test data analysis.
- Demonstrated communication skills and experience working across disciplines, mechanical, electrical, test and reliability, to drive optimal solutions
- Native Mandarin communication skills, both written and spoken
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken
- MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.