We are seeking a Network Engineer to join our team. You will be a member of the Global Network Services team responsible for ensuring a highly-available global network to enable Peloton’s growing global presence. This includes engineering, deploying, maintaining and supporting the global wired and wireless data network, voice systems, switches, routers, firewalls, site-to-site IPsec tunnels and client VPN. You will collaborate with our DevOps team on several projects and initiatives in addition to partnering with our Cyber Security team to implement, maintain and support security principles and best practices for our internal user community to align with the best-in-class security services.
- Deploy and support a complex global network environment
- Ensure network stability and performance through operational excellence and proactive maintenance
- Troubleshoot network problems; schedule upgrades; perform network analysis, root cause analysis and optimization
- Ensure uptime and monitoring of all corporate network infrastructure and circuits internationally
- Secure the network infrastructure by partnering with the Information Security team to establish and enforce policies; define and monitor access
- Manage network upgrades, expansions and new implementation projects
- Evaluate partner solution portfolio roadmaps and new technologies for potential deployment across Peloton’s entire footprint of retail stores, warehouses, call centers, and offices globally.
- Collaborate on and document standard operating procedures
- Ensure that network documentation and diagrams are up to date.
- Provide troubleshooting guidance and training for Tier 1 IT support
- Provide 24x7 Tier 3 IT Network Support
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- One or more industry leading certifications preferred such as CCNA, JNCIA, etc.
- Experience with Cisco, Meraki, Aruba Wireless and Palo Alto Networks
- 6+ years of experience as a Network Engineer including
- 4+ years of supporting complex global network and/or solution engineering in SaaS environments
- 2+ years of experience with network design or support of public cloud infrastructure: AWS, Azure, GCP
- 1+ years of experience with network design and/or solution engineering in SaaS environments
- 1+ years of supporting SD-WAN solutions.
- 1+ years of experience with supporting and administering DDI solutions.
- 2+ year of experience with *nix systems and general use
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Motivated, curious self-starter who has the desire to learn
- Ability to solve technical problems with creative solutions
- Strong knowledge of network design and applications, including designing IP addressing hierarchy, complex routing and switching technologies.
- Understanding of network architecture, design of large scale networks
- Understanding of SDN/SDDC (Software Defined Network or Datacenter – full stack – (compute, storage, network) including experience with AWS, Azure, Openstack, Cloudstack, or related technologies
- Experience with multiple successful implementations (including the ability to configure, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot) of Cisco routers and switches, site-to-site IPsec tunnels, Palo Alto firewalls, Aruba Wireless and Meraki security appliances, switches and wireless.
- Knowledge of project life cycle management
- Knowledge of change management and MOPs
- Strong knowledge of packet capture and traffic analysis
- Virtualization technologies
- Knowledge of wireless design, technologies and wireless site survey tools
- Hands-on experience with how to support repeatable, reliable, and scalable network architectures with fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection, and disaster recovery.
- Strong knowledge of transport protocols, routing protocols, and security/auth to encryption protocols at all layers of the OSI model with emphasis on TCP/IP are essential
- Knowledge of networking technologies and protocols such as VTP, LACP, 802.1Q, RSTP, ARP, CDP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, HSRP, GLBP, VSS/VSL, QoS, Multicast, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, RADIUS/TACACS+, 802.1x, SNMP, L3VPNs, L2VPNs and IPsec.
- Expertise in IP telephony/Hosted PBX and Call Center management are a plus.
- Expertise in Terraform is a plus
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere.
Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love.
The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com