The Product Manufacturing Engineer will research, develop and recommend world-class manufacturing processes in conjunction with CMs, ODMs, & internally. The Product Manufacturing Engineer will gather manufacturing requirements, lead DFM/DFA activities, perform detailed analysis (cost, capacity, manpower), create/manage project timelines, lead product manufacturing and sustaining activities. They will also generate continuous improvement ideas (cost, quality, delivery) and lead implementation of those ideas on the factory floor.
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams through the stage gate process (Concept-MP), to ensure robust DFM/DFA, and manufacturing process development, ensuring scalability, providing leadership and expertise in product manufacturability
- Collaborate with Peloton partners and teams to communicate, define manufacturing and assembly requirements
- Interpret engineering drawings, understand and perform tolerance, GD&T, process analysis; Identify and communicate manufacturability and assembly concerns, risk as needed. Provide clear DFM/DFA design and process change recommendations
- Ensure product manufacturing and assembly requirements are clearly understood by manufacturing partners
- Participate in supplier, CM, ODM selection & qualification & collaborate in DFM/A activities
- Lead suppliers to establish world-class manufacturing and assembly process
- Develop process and equipment specifications as needed
- Execute process qualifications, capability studies (Gage R&R, SPk), DOE’s and PFMEA’s
- Lead manufacturing readiness activities and process validation builds to ensure flawless launch and mass production; and solve problems efficiently to maintain project timing
- Support product sustainment and improvement activities
- Domestic and International travel requirement: at least 25% or more, as needed by the business
- BS in an Engineering discipline desired (Mechanical, Industrial); MS a plus
- 5+ years experience in a hands-on, fast paced, engineering & manufacturing environment (NPI to high-volume MFG)
- DFM/DFA, manufacturing process development, subject matter expert
- Solid experience in precision assembly, CNC machining, fixturing, hydro-forming, welding, stamping, casting, plastic injection molding and various finishing techniques
- Experience in developing SOP’s, Value-Stream Maps, Process Maps, Lean, 5S, SPC
- Experience in high-volume electro-mechanical manufacturing a plus
- Expert-level CAD/CAM user (SolidWorks preferred)
- Problem solving and corrective action skills: DOE, 8D, RedX, DAMIC, Kaizen events, etc.
- Knowledge and application of global standards; ASTM, ISO, DIN, JIS, ANSI, etc.
- Experience manufacturing highly cosmetic, consumer-facing products a plus
- Strong project management skill set: LSSGB/BB, SCRUM, PMP certification a plus
- Microsoft Office applications, Arena, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Managing large manufacturing capital projects ($5M+)
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.