The Product Manufacturing Engineer, NPI will research, develop, and recommend world-class manufacturing processes in conjunction with CMs, ODMs, & internally. The Product Manufacturing Engineer will gather technical/customer requirements, lead DFM/DFA activities, perform detailed analysis (cost, capacity, manpower) create/manage project timelines, and lead manufacturing NPI (New Product Introduction) and sustaining activities. Successful candidate will also generate cost reduction, process, continuous improvement ideas and lead the implementation of those ideas on the factory floor.
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams through the NPI stage gate process (Concept-MP), to ensure robust DFM/DFA, providing leadership and expertise in manufacturability
- Collaborate with Peloton partners and teams to communicate, define manufacturing requirements
- Interpret engineering drawings, understand, and perform tolerance, GD&T, process analysis; Identify and communicate concerns, risk as needed
- Ensure product manufacturing and assembly requirements clearly understood by manufacturing partners
- Participate in supplier, CM, ODM selection & qualification
- Lead suppliers to establish world-class manufacturing and assembly process
- Develop process and equipment specifications as needed
- Execute supplier and process qualifications, capability studies (Gage R&R, CPk), DOE’s and PFMEA’s
- Lead manufacturing readiness activities and process validation builds to ensure flawless launch and mass production; and solve problems efficiently to maintain project timing
- Support product sustainment and improvement activities
- Travel requirement: This position requires domestic and international travel, at least 30% of the time, or as needed by the business.
- BS in an Engineering discipline desired (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial); MS a plus
- 5+ years experience in a hands-on, fast paced, engineering & manufacturing environment (NPI to high-volume MFG), or an equivalent combination of work and educational experience
- Solid knowledge & experience in joining technology, precision assembly, CNC machining, fixturing, hydro-forming, welding, stamping, casting, plastic injection molding and various finishing techniques
- Experience in developing SOP’s, Value-Stream Maps, Process Maps, Lean, 5S, SPC
- Expert-level CAD/CAM user (SolidWorks preferred)
- Problem solving and corrective action skills: DOE, 8D, RedX, DMAIC, Kaizen events, etc.
- Knowledge and application of Global/International standards; ASTM, ISO, DIN, JIS, ANSI, etc.
- Experience working with Asian JDM/CMs/ODMs is a plus
- Experience manufacturing highly cosmetic, consumer-facing products a plus
- Strong project management skill set: LSSGB/BB, SCRUM, PMP certification a plus
- Microsoft Office applications, Arena, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience managing large manufacturing capital projects
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.