The Test and Reliability Engineer will be working with the Peloton Hardware Design and Operations teams to manage our new product qualification testing and on-going reliability testing in a fast-growing global fitness business. You will manage projects, troubleshoot, innovate, and make decisions to help Peloton ensure quality and safety as we continue to innovate our product offerings. You are an individual who is independent, highly motivated, super organized, hyper-flexible and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment to improve product quality.
Role and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain test plans and schedules for new product development and sustaining engineering activities.
- Perform product validation and verification with off-the-shelf testing equipment as well as custom built machinery.
- Design, build, and automate custom test rigs/fixtures to interact with various pieces of exercise equipment.
- Write test reports, communicate results with the team.
- Correspond with NY based team and Taiwan with test reports and status updates. Will require morning/evening calls. Excellent communication skills (Taiwanese Hokkien a plus).
- Provide technical support to technicians for various testing activities , including standardizing test procedure.
- Use six sigma tools for root cause/failure analysis.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments and prioritize work queues.
- Monitor and implement test processes and data flow.
- Ensure safety protocols are followed.
- Maintain lab equipment and inventory.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs unassisted.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 5+ years equivalent work experience. The candidate must have a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. M.S. preferred.
- National Instruments LabVIEW certification preferred (CLAD, CLD, CLA). Six sigma certification preferred.
- 3D Modeling (Solidworks) ,Statistical Analysis (Python, R, Minitab), Automation Skills (LabVIEW), experience with NI data acquisition systems, PLC programming experience a plus. Ability to read/create mechanical drawings.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.