The Test and Reliability Engineer will be working with the Peloton Hardware Design and Operations teams to manage our new product qualification testing and on-going reliability testing in a fast-growing global fitness business. You will manage projects, troubleshoot, innovate, and make decisions to help Peloton ensure quality and safety as we continue to innovate our product offerings. You are an individual who is independent, highly motivated, super organized, hyper-flexible and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment to improve product quality.
Role and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain test plans and schedules for new product development and sustaining engineering activities.
- Perform product validation and verification with off-the-shelf testing equipment as well as custom built machinery.
- Design, build, and automate custom test rigs/fixtures to interact with various pieces of exercise equipment.
- Write test reports, communicate results with the team.
- Correspond with NY based team and Taiwan with test reports and status updates. Will require morning/evening calls. Excellent communication skills (Taiwanese Hokkien a plus).
- Provide technical support to technicians for various testing activities , including standardizing test procedure.
- Use six sigma tools for root cause/failure analysis.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments and prioritize work queues.
- Monitor and implement test processes and data flow.
- Ensure safety protocols are followed.
- Maintain lab equipment and inventory.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs unassisted.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 5+ years equivalent work experience. The candidate must have a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. M.S. preferred.
- National Instruments LabVIEW certification preferred (CLAD, CLD, CLA). Six sigma certification preferred.
- 3D Modeling (Solidworks) ,Statistical Analysis (Python, R, Minitab), Automation Skills (LabVIEW), experience with NI data acquisition systems, PLC programming experience a plus. Ability to read/create mechanical drawings.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
“Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice and inequity in our world, and to promote health and wellbeing for all, from the inside out.