We are seeking a Senior-level Factory Operations manager for our Taiwan region, to be based out of our Tainan office. This individual will take the lead in managing and developing the factory operations function for Peloton’s expanding manufacturing footprint in partnership with Peloton Taiwan’s Operations (Manufacturing/Quality/Operations PM teams) as well as Engineering teams. It is critical to have an on-site factory manager that understands 1. demand/supply situation, 2. factory day to day operations, 3. new product launch schedule/issues and possesses the operational know-how to facilitate Pelotons’ global expansion of supply chain activities. This role will have a significant impact on mitigating the significant factory and capacity expansion/scale up challenges, while driving higher efficiency as Peloton’s Taiwanese base business operations.
Taiwan Regional Factory Operations Leadership & Fulfillment
- Manufacturing strategy, planning, design, and implementation for Peloton’s manufacturing facility and other sub-contractors/sub-suppliers locations across the regions in Taiwan.
- Partner closely with Taiwan Operations and Engineering peers who manage quality/manufacturing/SCM to deliver integrated planning and execution that provide world class operational performance.
- Facilitate Operation Program management team and oversight focused new product launch (NPI) initiatives.
- Responsibility for providing support to manufacturing site technical operations (Quality/Production/SCM).
- Participation and be an extension of the global team around the creation and execution of standards and processes to maximize the efficiency of global manufacturing, supply chain/logistics operations, to include best practices, global technical standards, escalation procedures, change control, and quality management.
- Ensure the fulfillment of the factory day to day operations and delivery – Prioritizing the availability and responsiveness of the factory capacity, material clear to build meets the goals and requirements of the global demand & supply plan.
- Manage regional budgets and spend ensuring maximum value to cost ratio
- Manage regional vendor relationships
Process standardization, KPI establishment and Best practice sharing
- Benchmarking, best practice sharing, analyzing and making recommendations for factory efficiency optimization and continuous improvements across Peloton’s as well as sub-contractors’/suppliers manufacturing facilities in Taiwan
- Setup and be accountable for ensuring and execution of operational KPI fulfillment
- Establish QBR (Quarterly Business Review) systems across regional factories
- Participate global manufacturing process standardization, management systems and extend to sub-vendors.
- Travel 75% within Taiwan, largely in Tainan
Support geographic expansion
- Participation in new site development from a construction, technology, budget control and communications perspective
- Support of construction management activities based on locally available resources in new geographies
- Development of automation and efficiency ramp up requirements for new locations in conjunction with the Global engineering and support teams
- Support the deployment of technology systems to new sites
- Support of R&D activities as required
- Support of M&A activities as required
- Support new supplier development activities as required
- 15 years+ of progressively increasing responsibilities in factory operations experience
- 10 years+ experience working in the manufacturing/ODM environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Ideally with the experience of managing ODM factories from multinational companies perspective by development operational KPI, and cross-supplier business review platform establishment
- Demonstrated leadership and project/program management experience in sub-suppliers development areas including capacity ramp up, supply chain coordination, quality management, efficiency and cost optimization and facilities development
- Experience working within a global matrixed management organization
- Working knowledge of technologies such as shop floor control/SCM/WMS systems and others.
- Strong organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities, and excellent written and spoken communication skills. Proficiency in English required.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.