The Director, People Business Partner will work closely with Peloton’s Business Leaders within our Corporate and Tech organizations to drive business outcomes, values adoption, leadership development, and strong employee engagement through the development and execution of an aligned talent strategy. This role is based in Peloton’s NYC Headquarters.
The successful candidate will partner with leaders across the business to develop business objectives that support our People strategy. They are capable of driving change across a dynamic, fast-growing organization. This role will be accountable for leading programs at scale, from need identification to implementation, considering the unique needs of our internal client groups and in close partnership with other parts of the people team. As a member of the Corporate Business Partner and Talent Management team, this person will have a particular passion for Talent Management and will ensure talent programs are adopted and adapted as needed to fit the nuances of their business areas. This individual will also be charged with strengthening the leadership team of each function and driving an inclusive & diverse culture by providing coaching and consultation to leaders to further develop their leadership capability and capacity.
- Identify root-cause issues, match people strategies to business strategies, and deliver global programs that drive results and strong employee engagement
- Learn, anticipate and quickly become embedded with the business as a trusted business leader and advisor, not only of People initiatives but broadly
- Consistently coach and advise senior leaders on their effectiveness, help their raise their own performance bar
- Partner with business leaders to to drive & lead through organizational change and evolution
- Develop and steward holistic talent plan for internal client group
- Proactively manage legal risk; ensures manager and employee compliance with company policies and procedures, and governmental regulations, conduct investigations as needed
- Respond to employee questions regarding but not limited to the following: employee relations, company policies, leadership and employee development, compensation
- Leverage data to create People dashboards with the business, taking an analytical and metrics-driven approach to solutions and drawing insights to create compelling narratives for change
- Builds and fosters an inclusive and diverse culture aligned to our Company vision, mission & values
- Build and develop people manager skills and leadership team effectiveness
- Troubleshoot issues independently and drive them to closure with minimal supervision; persevere in the face of internal and external barriers.
- 8+ years of experience in Human Resources, as generalist, people leader, business partner, or human capital consulting
- Demonstrated progression and increased scope in matrixed, high-growth organizations
- Experience in a highly influential HR role with executive level interface and impact
- Knowledge of tech industry and experience both in a start-up and an established HR environment a plus
- Deep business acumen and the executional know-how of building and growing businesses globally through the ongoing development and support of its people
- Deep knowledge of and experience in running core HR processes including performance management (performance coaching and progressive discipline), succession planning, career pathing, compensation education etc
- Ability to synthesize complex situations into a digestible, action-oriented format for business leaders and their teams
- Team-oriented, consensus builder who understands how to achieve buy-in from diverse constituencies, building bridges and designing “win-win” solutions across a matrix management organization
- Unique ability to flourish in a rapidly changing organization, and operate comfortably with ambiguity and complexity
- Partners with business to drive & lead through organizational change and evolution
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.