The Peloton team is looking for a Director of People Partnerships, Field with a demonstrated passion for building and sustaining positive, engaged work environments for associates and leaders. The successful candidate will have significant employee and labor relations subject matter expertise and proven success as a leader of people. In this role, you will develop and implement workplace policies, programs and enhancements to increase employee engagement and ensure compliance for our Field Teams. Peloton’s “Field Teams” consist of Retail, Warehouse & Delivery, Customer Support & Experience, and Studio & Production. This population consists of both exempt and non-exempt team members.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting and partnering with line managers and stakeholders by providing high level advice and guidance to ensure all risk to the business is understood and mitigated with regards to people management, engagement, policy, and decision making. You will promote a positive Employee Relations environment, developing and coaching stakeholders in delivering a legally compliant and consistent best practice approach to create and sustain our high-performing, associate-centric culture. In addition, you will lead a team of Regional People Business Partners and Diversity, Equity, & Belonging Managers to drive a strategic approach to team member engagement, development, connected leadership, and diversity, equity, and belonging.
- Identify root-cause issues, match people strategies to business strategies, and deliver global programs that drive results and strong employee engagement
- Learn, anticipate and quickly become embedded with the business as a trusted business leader and advisor, not only of People initiatives but broadly
- Consistently coach and advise senior leaders on their effectiveness, help their raise their own performance bar
- Lead team of experienced People Business partners and Diversity, Equity, & Belonging Managers to drive & lead business leaders through organizational change and evolution
- Develop and steward holistic talent plan for internal client group
- Proactively manage legal risk; ensures manager and employee compliance with company policies and procedures, and governmental regulations, conduct investigations as needed
- Respond to employee questions regarding but not limited to the following: employee relations, company policies, leadership and employee development, compensation
- Leverage data to create People dashboards with the business, taking an analytical and metrics-driven approach to solutions and drawing insights to create compelling narratives for change
- Builds and fosters an inclusive and diverse culture aligned to our Company vision, mission & values
- Build and develop people manager skills and leadership team effectiveness
- Subject Matter Expertise: Utilize employee and labor relations expertise to identify issues, highlight and mitigate risk. High judgment development and execution of ER strategies and ER programs for the business. Assess and ensure all polices are compliant with federal, state and local requirements.
- Crisis Management: The individual also will work reactively on critical employee relations issues that are crisis-oriented and typically can only be successfully completed with limited time. Assessing and calibrating responses to varying situations, using sound judgment in decision making. Balancing time between projects and crisis-response is a critical component of the role.
- Build collaborative, influential internal and external relationships with Operations, Legal and People leaders as well as other critical stakeholders to gather information, feedback, support and necessary resources to develop and execute ER strategies and programs.
- Troubleshoot issues independently and drive them to closure with minimal supervision; persevere in the face of internal and external barriers.
- Travel: This is a position that requires travel domestically and international; up to 30% of the time.
- 8+ years of experience in Human Resources, as generalist, people leader, business partner, or human capital consulting
- 5+years of people management/leadership experience
- Demonstrated progression and increased scope in matrixed, high-growth organizations
- Experience in a highly influential HR role with executive level interface and impact
- Employee and labor relations subject matter expertise.
- Experience in both union and non-union environments.
- Foundational understanding of labor and employment laws.
- Knowledge of tech industry and experience both in a start-up and an established HR environment a plus
- Deep knowledge of and experience in running core HR processes including performance management (performance coaching and progressive discipline), succession planning, career pathing, compensation education etc
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.