The Quality NPI Engineer is the product quality representative working with the Design, Manufacturing, and Supplier teams on new products. This role is focused on ensuring the best product is produced to meet capacity, reliability, and design intents. This individual must have strong technical ability, problem solving skills, and communication skills to help troubleshoot, diagnosis, and solve issues during the development phases and through the start of production. You're an individual who is independent, highly motivated, super organized, hyper-flexible and enjoys working in a collaborative team environment to achieve world-class product quality.
This job is based in the US and requires up to 25% domestic and international travel. It requires frequent communications with Asia (early and late conference calls).
- Champion APQP principles and works to create methods and systems to improve risk mitigation strategies and product quality for Peloton NPDP.
- Champion and participate in the running and creation of DFMEA and PFMEA activities to eliminate or reduce product risk
- Consult with development teams on design, manufacturing to ensure clear design intent and measurability
- Help to develop PPAP workflow, communication, and documentation with Sourcing, Manufacturing, and other quality functions
- Review and sign-off on PPAP submissions from suppliers
- Lead 8D process for attacking and resolving critical and blocking issues facing programs
- Coordinate with other quality functions and reports out product risk during phase gates
- Lead the effective deployment of Quality Engineering tools for the effective and efficient development, transfer, and maintenance of products/processes throughout the product life cycle
- Develop, improve, document, and assists in deployment of quality system within the Peloton organization
- BS or MS in mechanical engineering, quality engineering, manufacturing engineering, or other technical discipline.
- 6 or more years experience, or an equivalent combination of work and educational experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with ability to create articulate presentations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and mastery of 8D
- Demonstrated ability to utilize Six Sigma tools (FMEAs, Gauge R&R, Capability Analysis, Statistical Process Control) and statistical tools (Minitab, JPM, etc)
- Skilled at reading 2D part drawings and understanding GD&T
- Familiar with Solidworks or similar CAD software
- Lean/Six Sigma training, Green or Black Belt a plus
- Certified CQE a plus
- Experience with ISO 9001 a plus
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.