SAFETY SPECIALIST, FIELD OPERATIONS
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, all employees are required to wear the necessary PPE within the warehouse and while on client deliveries
Provide expertise in areas of environmental, occupational health and safety (EHS) and risk management at a warehouse. Assist the operations to maintain compliance with all applicable EHS requirements. Aid site in actions to eliminate worker injuries and associated costs. Work closely with the Safety Manager on all safety related topics.
- Implement Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives in assigned warehouse
- Act as the facility champion for Zero Incidents initiatives
- Conduct COVID-19 related audits and ensure site is complying with policies
- Conduct audits to ensure that consistent, best-in-class results and compliance are followed to enable operational excellence. Prepare reports of findings with recommendations for corrective action
- Perform specific safety training as required by the Safety Manager
- Observe workers and/or review surveillance footage to determine proper use of prescribed safety equipment and procedures. Train and demonstrate proper use of safety equipment
- Facilitate incident investigation process including determining root cause, preparing corrective action plans and entering them into an internal database in a timely manner
- Acts as site champion for implementation of risk reduction controls
- Participate in process improvement activities and manage actions to completion
- Translate data into actionable site-specific goals
- May have additional responsibility for fire prevention, hazardous waste management, or other safety related activities depending on the business unit and location
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of warehouse operations and procedures
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an EHS related field or in a warehouse environment
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations specifically 29 CFR 1910
- Highly organized with a relentless attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills, and the ability to troubleshoot problems and think on your feet
- Demonstrated understanding of OSHA and local regulations
- Proven knowledge of safety regulations and industry standards
- Proven track record of successfully managing shifting deadlines and priorities in a fast paced environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate health and safety needs to all levels of the organization
- Passion for safety
- Calm demeanor in emergency situations
Why work at Peloton:
- Competitive Wage- We’ve committed to addressing global economic inequity, starting with investing to increase the hourly wages of our workforce.
Team Focused Environment- Live the “Together We Go Far” mentality by working with caring thoughtful team members both locally and globally
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.