Peloton is looking for a self-motivated, dynamic attorney to join our growing legal team. The person in this role will assist in supporting internal clients across all geographies and teams on litigation, pre-litigation, and Member related matters. This position requires a thorough understanding of Peloton’s multifaceted business, including its partners, Members, and competitors, in order to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Provide legal advice and guidance to various business partners and be primarily responsible for assisting our Member-facing teams in de-escalation of Member support issues.
- Assist on a broad spectrum of litigation and pre-litigation matters, serving as the primary internal contact on fact discovery with outside counsel and other parties.
- Work with the Member-facing teams and other support functions to develop and implement training, standard operating procedures, and processes that help to manage the risks within a rapidly growing business with a “Members First” philosophy on customer service.
- Manage e-discovery matters including legal holds, document retention, collection, review and production on all relevant platforms.
- Investigate, draft, and respond to cease-and-desist letters.
- 3+ years’ experience at a law firm or in-house litigation practice.
- Working knowledge of e-discovery systems and best practices for in-house litigation departments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to simplify complicated legal concepts into “plain English” for your business partners and for Member-facing communications.
- Strong business acumen and a creative problem solver.
- A bias towards patience and empathy.
- An independent thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large).
- Superb organizational skills with the ability to follow deadlines and multitask.
- Enjoy working in a fast-growing, disruptive business.
- Member in good standing of the TX, NY, or comparable State Bar.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK, Canada, and Germany, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.