Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
The Peloton Bike is built through our Internal Bike Assembly System (IBAS) process which is a series of stations used for assembly and manufacturing. IBAS Manufacturing Quality Engineer will be the on-site quality representative at one of the IBAS location. The primary objective of this role is to support the assembly operation of high-quality products through the continuous improvement of processes, product quality, and systems that surround them.
As an individual, you will be working with cross-functional teams to ensure incoming material and finished products meet customer requirements and engineering specifications using problem-solving skills. He/she will be responsible for the supervision of the part of the quality team.
This job is based in Perris, CA. This role reports to the Manufacturing Quality Engineering Manager.
- Supervise and provide quality support to ensure that products are manufactured with a high level of quality while being in compliance with quality and engineering standards.
- Lead, assist, support, and document the quality effort for the manufacturing process analyzing Customer Acceptance Lab, First Pass Yield, and Non-conformance data to meet the quality metrics.
- Assist in investigating and correcting quality-related issues (including customer complaints) through collaboration with other departments using different problem-solving methodologies like 8D, Kaizen, DMAIC, 5 WHY, Cause and effect diagram, etc.
- Create, implement, and improve quality control documents as needed, like SOP, Inspection checklist, etc..
- Perform regular process and product audits to ensure product quality and SOP conformance, Identify areas of improvement, and drive them to completion to ensure that consistent high-quality product is delivered.
- Assist in the implementation of policies, operating procedures, quality systems, and programs that ensure proper testing, evaluation, inspection, and technical support in order to meet product quality standards.
- Work closely with the Staff Manufacturing Engineer, Field Quality, and Supplier Quality teams to drive root cause identification activities in order to improve product quality through data analysis, corrective action, and preventive measures.
- Perform FQA/OBA on an on-going basis to assess product compliance and controls
- Report quality performance as needed from leadership.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree with experience in Manufacturing and quality.
- 1-3 years of experience in assembly manufacturing quality or production environment.
- Good Analytics, problem-solving, decision-making, and root cause analysis skills with lean manufacturing, 5S, kaizen, and formalized 8D process experience.
- Must possess the skills to lead others through the process
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Must be detailed oriented and have a strong quality mindset.
- Experience with ISO 9001 a plus